• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,693 posts in this topic

is anyone bidding on the FF1s on Comiclink? there appears to be some great deals right now. There is only 3 hours left and the 6.5 is only 6,800!! The 6.0 is at 5,300 and the 5.0 is only 3130!!! :o Who knows whats going to happen at the end of the auction, but This might be the time to buy for those that are looking!! Might be able to get them under GPA...

is anyone bidding on the FF1s on Comiclink? there appears to be some great deals right now. There is only 3 hours left and the 6.5 is only 6,800!! The 6.0 is at 5,300 and the 5.0 is only 3130!!! :o Who knows whats going to happen at the end of the auction, but This might be the time to buy for those that are looking!! Might be able to get them under GPA...

I bid on the trimmed 5.0, but it left me in the dust. It's a sharp copy and the trimming is minor.....wouldn't have minded getting it.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. That 9.4 FF 6 is a REAL toughie in that grade....someone will be lucky to get it....whatever it sells for.

Edited by jimjum12

I bid on the trimmed 5.0, but it left me in the dust. It's a sharp copy and the trimming is minor.....wouldn't have minded getting it.GOD BLESS...

P.S. That 9.4 FF 6 is a REAL toughie in that grade....someone will be lucky to get it....whatever it sells for.

:gossip:

I still have my 5.0 NOT trimmed for sale :grin:

Steve

Steve

I wish I could afford it.....as much as I love the FF, I never owned a # 1.I was kind of hoping the restored book would go for around $ 1000 since it was trimmed. I really am starting to see some regular acceptance of resto books at half guide. I want a copy I can afford but can be deslabbed for mylar.....nothing that would fall apart. How much is your 5.0 ? Did you pick up anything in the auction? GOD BLESS...

The FF 7 at $ 2900 in 9.0 really surprised me....while the steal of the early ones was probably the 17.....such a tough book in grade.GOD BLESS...

Steve

selling an FF1 5.0? whats the pq?

Steve

Didn't you just get a 5.0 FF #1?

You posted a great story about acquiring it.....right?

I was blown away by the 20K it took to win the FF6... didnt see that coming!

Surprised me too.....but I can't remember the last time I saw a 9.4 change hands. I was expecting 12....maybe 15. These first year FF's are just so much more scarce than almost any of the other Marvels. If it's got the 12 cent price in a circle, and you want high grade you need deep pockets....but I'm preaching to the choir here.When it was stalled at 7700 I thought it might be the steal of the auction....I should know by now lol GOD BLESS...

Jimbo your right, I don't think I can recall when I've seen a #5 CGC 9.4 even for sale in the last 5 years? White pages, what a beautiful book. Considering the CC #5 went for $48,000 just recently, maybe $20,000 isn't too hard to imagine. I use to think high grade #2's were hard to find but there have been a lot of copies that have changed hands over the last year. $35,000 for the #12 CGC 9.4 and $10,000 for the CGC 9.0 copy. I tell you if I owned that 9.0 I would be very tempted to try a resub for a 9.2 and double my money.

Steve

Didn't you just get a 5.0 FF #1?

You posted a great story about acquiring it.....right?

yeah - its a 5.5 ow/w - I was just curious, not looking for an upgrade yet :)

Edited by Comixcroz

Jimbo your right, I don't think I can recall when I've seen a #5 CGC 9.4 even for sale in the last 5 years? White pages, what a beautiful book. Considering the CC #5 went for $48,000 just recently, maybe $20,000 isn't too hard to imagine. I use to think high grade #2's were hard to find but there have been a lot of copies that have changed hands over the last year. $35,000 for the #12 CGC 9.4 and $10,000 for the CGC 9.0 copy. I tell you if I owned that 9.0 I would be very tempted to try a resub for a 9.2 and double my money.

FF 12 is such a classic book....people make fun of me over my high predictions, but I thought the FF 12 (9.4) went cheaply....I figured 40 K. You're right about FF 2, I think every highgrade copy has changed hands recently.....I'm ready to see what an FF 3 in 9.4 would do....I bet it would hit a serious record. I doubt Doug will sell his anytime soon. GOD BLESS...

FF 12 is such a classic book....people make fun of me over my high predictions, but I thought the FF 12 (9.4) went cheaply....I figured 40 K. You're right about FF 2, I think every highgrade copy has changed hands recently.....I'm ready to see what an FF 3 in 9.4 would do....I bet it would hit a serious record. I doubt Doug will sell his anytime soon. GOD BLESS...

Jim,

FF#3 in 9.4 is easily a $40K book. Easily. A FF#5 in 9.4 would probably fetch $75-100K

Too bad we will probably never see them up for auction.

Speaking of auctions,

I was laughing at the fact in this CL auction that a reasonably common non-key like 9.2 #43 finished with a higher hammer price than the 9.2 #52 ($716 vs.$700) a key book. :shrug: