• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,696 posts in this topic

Jimbo your right, I don't think I can recall when I've seen a #5 CGC 9.4 even for sale in the last 5 years?  White pages, what a beautiful book. Considering the CC #5 went for $48,000 just recently, maybe $20,000 isn't too hard to imagine. I use to think high grade #2's were hard to find but there have been a lot of copies that have changed hands over the last year. $35,000 for the #12 CGC 9.4 and $10,000 for the CGC 9.0 copy. I tell you if I owned that 9.0 I would be very tempted to try a resub for a 9.2 and double my money.
FF 12 is such a classic book....people make fun of me over my high predictions, but I thought the FF 12 (9.4) went cheaply....I figured 40 K. You're right about FF 2, I think every highgrade copy has changed hands recently.....I'm ready to see what an FF 3 in 9.4 would do....I bet it would hit a serious record. I doubt Doug will sell his anytime soon. GOD BLESS...-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u
Jim,FF#3 in 9.4 is easily a $40K book. Easily. A FF#5 in 9.4 would probably fetch $75-100KToo bad we will probably never see them up for auction. Speaking of auctions,I was laughing at the fact in this CL auction that a reasonably common non-key like 9.2 #43 finished with a higher hammer price than the 9.2 #52 ($716 vs.$700) a key book. :shrug:
I imagine the high bidder never expected it to go so high.....bet the underbidder was relieved. The 52's have turned out to be more common than I used to think....although I would still love to have one....one of my VERY favorite covers.GOD BLESS...-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

FF 55 puzzles me.....it's a neat book and purple is one of my favorite colors....but.......every auction has one and I never liked the way the thing looked on the cover, yet there seems to be no shallow end in that pool. For 3 K I'd take the 9.0 FF 7 anyday. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

FF 55 puzzles me.....it's a neat book and purple is one of my favorite colors....but.......every auction has one and I never liked the way the thing looked on the cover, yet there seems to be no shallow end in that pool. For 3 K I'd take the 9.0 FF 7 anyday. GOD BLESS...

I agree. #55 used to be high on my want list but I doubt if there will ever be a shortage in the 9.2 range I will eventually buy one in. $3K for any 9.4 after #52 makes absolutely no sense.

Figured this thread could use a bump with my lastest upgrade.

scan0007-3.jpg

just WOW :applause:

Nice, Brian......where did you get that beauty ? That's gotta be an 8.5....maybe even 9.0. My possible all time favorite....but who can really choose a favorite from this run ? GOD BLESS....

Figured this thread could use a bump with my lastest upgrade.

scan0007-3.jpg

just WOW :applause:

Nice, Brian......where did you get that beauty ? That's gotta be an 8.5....maybe even 9.0. My possible all time favorite....but who can really choose a favorite from this run ? GOD BLESS....

I don't know what else to say except... :takeit:

Edited by trmoore54

This should be arriving this coming week thanks to a multi book trade extravaganza with Adam and Rick

FF48.jpg

holy Cr@p Thomas that's a beauty!!!

I can see the re-building efforts taking shape...UFB book man! Now I think I'm jealous again... :sumo:

dj doin' his part for economic stimulus... :headbang:

Edited by trmoore54