• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,693 posts in this topic

This should be arriving this coming week thanks to a multi book trade extravaganza with Adam and Rick

FF48.jpg

I normally remove image links when quoting but holy mess that is a nice copy.

Congrats Thomas :applause:

I've been watching this thread for months hoping to finally add something to it. Here it is, my first FF book, first appearance of one of my favorite characters, Dr. Doom! I'm enamored by the fact that this book has no Marvel chipping. :cloud9:

-Issa

dscf0032x.jpg

I've been watching this thread for months hoping to finally add something to it. Here it is, my first FF book, first appearance of one of my favorite characters, Dr. Doom! I'm enamored by the fact that this book has no Marvel chipping. :cloud9:

-Issa

dscf0032x.jpg

SWEET BOOK! (worship)

:gossip: BTW it looks like some kid scribbled on the front cover :baiting:

Congrats....I know you've been looking for the right copy for a while....looks like that one had a good shot at 6.0.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Thanks Jimbo/PinkPanther. :) I'm actually a bit taken by Joe Sinnott's signature. It's very neat and uniformly drawn.

Interestingly enough, Sinnott's son, told me that he can't draw Dr. Doom/Galactus commissions because of the strain on his hand. With a signature like that, I think his hand is OK, right? Am I right? :baiting:...just kidding)

Great books! These FFs are taking off. My only problem with Stan is that he keeps signing on the characters instead of some empty spaces on any cover. I actually complained a little when he signed on the Hulk on my JIM 112. Out of all the places on the book , can he NOT sign on the characters ???!!! :mad:

Thanks Jimbo/PinkPanther. :) I'm actually a bit taken by Joe Sinnott's signature. It's very neat and uniformly drawn.

Interestingly enough, Sinnott's son, told me that he can't draw Dr. Doom/Galactus commissions because of the strain on his hand. With a signature like that, I think his hand is OK, right? Am I right? :baiting:...just kidding)

I was noticing the same thing....he obviously takes great care with it. His rendition of the thing is super....even though I'll always be fond of George Klein's job on FF 1 & 2. Kirby said his favorite inker was Royer....but Sinnot was always # 1 in my book.GOD BLESS...

Never a shortage of great copies and covers in this thread. A while back Jimjum was gracious enough to coordinate a series of polls pertaining to favorite FF covers, which I think most FF enthusiasts enjoyed voting in and discussing. If we move inside the covers, what are some of people's favorite FF story lines?

My favorites are the early Frightful Four story arc (specifically 41-43, with a soft spot also for 36 and 38 since they introduced these bad guys). FF 41 was my first comic book ever, given to me by my grandfather. I was probably a little young to read it and totally comprehend what was going on (for example it took me a while to figure out the connection between the blonde-haired kid and the fire guy, but maybe I was just a little slow). Still, it seemed like high drama and a good story anyway. When I look through those particular issues now the memories really come back. Probably not the greatest story arc in the run, and not the most sought after, but still my favorite. I'd enjoy hearing others favorite story lines, story arcs, single issues, recurring subplots, etc.

I'm unusual in that I have a single favorite comic; FF annual 6. I read it as a reprint at the perfect age, and it's got it all for me. Beyond that, fav stories include the Skrull "gangster world" run from 90 to 93, the "cosmic Doom" story, the Galactus Trilogy of course, and Ol' Benjy's beat down on Doom in FF 40. Truth be told, though, I can honestly say that I love 'em all.

Even Tomazooma and The Monocle.

Never a shortage of great copies and covers in this thread. A while back Jimjum was gracious enough to coordinate a series of polls pertaining to favorite FF covers, which I think most FF enthusiasts enjoyed voting in and discussing. If we move inside the covers, what are some of people's favorite FF story lines?

My favorites are the early Frightful Four story arc (specifically 41-43, with a soft spot also for 36 and 38 since they introduced these bad guys). FF 41 was my first comic book ever, given to me by my grandfather. I was probably a little young to read it and totally comprehend what was going on (for example it took me a while to figure out the connection between the blonde-haired kid and the fire guy, but maybe I was just a little slow). Still, it seemed like high drama and a good story anyway. When I look through those particular issues now the memories really come back. Probably not the greatest story arc in the run, and not the most sought after, but still my favorite. I'd enjoy hearing others favorite story lines, story arcs, single issues, recurring subplots, etc.

Sounds like another poll when I get my next day off....same format as the covers but with stories instead.GOD BLESS...