• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,693 posts in this topic

Finally got around to putting my FFs in the Registry...a respectable #19 entry rank for my meek collection...gotta work on those issues below 50 but they're getting so expensive... :frustrated::tonofbricks:

I'd say more than respectable. Looking through some of your scans, I like how your books all seen to have decent registrations. For that matter, I like the fact you've supplied scans for all of them.

I'm unusual in that I have a single favorite comic; FF annual 6. I read it as a reprint at the perfect age, and it's got it all for me. Beyond that, fav stories include the Skrull "gangster world" run from 90 to 93, the "cosmic Doom" story, the Galactus Trilogy of course, and Ol' Benjy's beat down on Doom in FF 40. Truth be told, though, I can honestly say that I love 'em all.

Even Tomazooma and The Monocle.

Had to go back and take a look at Annual #6. A quick trip into the Negative Zone to battle Annnihilus and bring back a little something (I'm not quite sure what) needed to save Sue and the baby. The birth of Franklin. Most of those annuals were well worth the money. And I like the Thing/Doom fight at the end of #40, too.

Reed needed to counter-act the cosmic radiation in Sue's system, so he needed a cosmic control device of somekind. Annihilus' Cosmic Control Rod fit the bill, so the FF swiped it.

Stories like this one are one of the things that make the FF so great. They don't just react to a villain, they go looking for trouble!

Edited by KirbyJack

Finally got around to putting my FFs in the Registry...a respectable #19 entry rank for my meek collection...gotta work on those issues below 50 but they're getting so expensive... :frustrated::tonofbricks:

I'd say more than respectable. Looking through some of your scans, I like how your books all seen to have decent registrations. For that matter, I like the fact you've supplied scans for all of them.

Thanks...well-centered registration is pretty much a must for me...even more important than page quality, although I prefer to have OW page quality or better, a well-centered C/OW pp book is welcome in my set...

I have the others in raw so slowly chipping away at CGC 9.0 or better...

THANKS AGAIN cosmic farmboy! :headbang:

Never a shortage of great copies and covers in this thread. A while back Jimjum was gracious enough to coordinate a series of polls pertaining to favorite FF covers, which I think most FF enthusiasts enjoyed voting in and discussing. If we move inside the covers, what are some of people's favorite FF story lines?

My favorites are the early Frightful Four story arc (specifically 41-43, with a soft spot also for 36 and 38 since they introduced these bad guys). FF 41 was my first comic book ever, given to me by my grandfather. I was probably a little young to read it and totally comprehend what was going on (for example it took me a while to figure out the connection between the blonde-haired kid and the fire guy, but maybe I was just a little slow). Still, it seemed like high drama and a good story anyway. When I look through those particular issues now the memories really come back. Probably not the greatest story arc in the run, and not the most sought after, but still my favorite. I'd enjoy hearing others favorite story lines, story arcs, single issues, recurring subplots, etc.

Sounds like another poll when I get my next day off....same format as the covers but with stories instead.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Gosh, I didn't mean to suggest you needed go to the trouble of making another poll....but I'm happy you did. :applause:

I am no shill for this eBayer, but in my experience he is of the highest ethical order and a true collector/citizen of the legion...I have had several transactions, buying and selling over the years, absolutely flawless! Anyway, I'm not in the market for this book, but thought I'd let anyone know who is...if this is to be had, this is a reputable seller/grader and if the price is right a good deal may be had...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=180342409401

Tom,

Shouldn't you post this in the Marketplace? :shrug: