• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
33 33

13,859 posts in this topic

We got three big benefits from the sale of the vast majority of my collection.  The first was security - no more worry about a significant amount of value tied into something vulnerable to being damaged or stolen.  The second was the gain in liquidity in retirement and the simplifying of our finances.  And the third was the freeing up of space, essentially an entire room's worth, and heavy box after heavy box that won't need to be relocated when we do.

Whenever I want to re-read a silver age Marvel story, I go to the runs of Collectors Item Classics/Greatest Comics and Marvel Tales.

Edited by namisgr

On 9/15/2023 at 8:47 AM, namisgr said:

Whenever I want to re-read a silver age Marvel story, I go to the runs of Collectors Item Classics/Greatest Comics and Marvel Tales.

Ah. Precisely my exit strategy!

IMG_2173.thumb.jpeg.7881416a7e173ac4c673e04e2a7f1072.jpeg

There are a couple cherished comics that I will force my descendants to deal with, though.