• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
33 33

13,859 posts in this topic

On 10/26/2023 at 11:05 AM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Ah, so you're the one!

lol.  I've wanted to replace a couple of stolen copies from about 20 or so years ago, but I quit collecting and just really got back into it seriously around 2019.  By that time, I was collecting moderns which I then gave up quickly in favor of collecting the stuff I loved as a kid which was more Bronze Age stuff.  I tried getting fairly good grades of FF Annual #6 since then, but by that time the price had shot up to where I thought it wasn't worth it.  Even now, after/during the price correction, I think I probably paid too much, but wth -- at least I can cross it off my list and go back to looking for other stuff. :) With the way prices are going, I'll probably wait for the rest of SA and BA stuff to hit dollar bins to collect them again. lol.

On 11/7/2023 at 8:34 AM, KirbyJack said:

Gorgeous copies, and a noble pursuit!

And while 100 is a great number, my specific species of OCD compels me to remind you that the Kirby run extends to 102; annuals 1-6; and half of the interior of 108. 

Now that's a nice, logical, cut-off point.

Logic and Art, thankfully, are allowed to part ways from time to time :cloud9: GOD BLESS ... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 11/7/2023 at 7:34 AM, KirbyJack said:

Gorgeous copies, and a noble pursuit!

And while 100 is a great number, my specific species of OCD compels me to remind you that the Kirby run extends to 102; annuals 1-6; and half of the interior of 108. 

Now that's a nice, logical, cut-off point.

wow, i've never heard you advance that opinion before....