• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
34 34

14,583 posts in this topic

On 9/3/2024 at 12:45 PM, DR.X said:

where did that sell?

It hasn't sold yet/auction not yet completed until Sept 12-15 plus live bidding I believe...can never figure those Heritage Auctions out how they end.

On 9/5/2024 at 11:40 AM, trmoore54 said:
On 9/5/2024 at 11:34 AM, Silver Surfer said:

Probably not even at the half way point yet.

I could dig that! :headbang:

This is going to be interesting.

The market is definitely in a flat phase, but this is the biggest book on the block.   How hard will the price be pushed...(shrug)

On 9/12/2024 at 5:14 PM, VintageComics said:

It's a lot of dough, but in the grand scheme of things, this would have gone for more if the economy was in better shape. 

I think it should have gone for closer to what the $3.6MIL AF#15 went for. Probably somewhere between $2-3MIL, closer to $3MIL.

Another price point is the TOS #39 CGC 9.8 that sold for $2MIL.

Anyway, it's a big number regardless. 

I agree. For the buyer who was able to afford this book, it was a steal...in the grand scheme of things. It's hard to think of a better long term investment (at that price) that has as much pop culture and comic history significance. 

On 9/12/2024 at 4:53 PM, Lee Enterprises said:

All I could do is watch the FF #1 9.6, but guess who won the Frankenstein restored 9.4...this guy! 

I'm adding as many 9.4s and 9.6s as possible to my FF sets so this is the only way the #1 would meet that criteria. The other early FF books will be a monumental task. 

image.png.dd5f7b6d7790ca19f40a9d42aa30b910.png

SUCH a great way to get a FF that looks absolutely amazing...Frankenstein, perhaps...but a gorgeous Frankenstein at that. Big, big congrats - sweeeet book.