• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men Collecting Thread!
10 10

2,042 posts in this topic

Actually it isnt recognized by CGC as a pedigree anymore. Do you want to know why?? Because its not a pedigree!!!!
How can you grant something pedigree status and then take it away? That is ridiculous. :screwy:

they should take away pedigree status for all X-Men books. No one likes them anyway :baiting:

I thought you were drunk? That must account for your opinion. (tsk)

Huh? My opinion is gospel, heed it and you shall be rewarded. And by rewarded I mean I'll refrain from putting a boot in some un-mentionable orifice in one self-proclaimed Doctor.

If you smell cheese, just back slowly away. worry.gif

Actually it isnt recognized by CGC as a pedigree anymore. Do you want to know why?? Because its not a pedigree!!!!
How can you grant something pedigree status and then take it away? That is ridiculous. :screwy:

they should take away pedigree status for all X-Men books. No one likes them anyway :baiting:

I thought you were drunk? That must account for your opinion. (tsk)

Huh? My opinion is gospel, heed it and you shall be rewarded. And by rewarded I mean I'll refrain from putting a boot in some un-mentionable orifice in one self-proclaimed Doctor.

If you smell cheese, just back slowly away. worry.gif

That's for later...just ordered some Papa John's pizza...mmmmmmmmm pizzzaaaaa

:blahblah:

Mile High II is most indeed a pedigree, Mr. MK. I have the COA for the X 63 and other issue that I have the designation on the label. It is one of the suckier pedigrees, I'll grant you that, but a pedigree nonetheless.

Do some research on what a "pedigree" is and then look up info on the Mile High 2 find and you will find your answer (thumbs u The Mile High 2 is not a pedigree and shouldve never had a pedigree designation in the first place

:blahblah:

Mile High II is most indeed a pedigree, Mr. MK. I have the COA for the X 63 and other issue that I have the designation on the label. It is one of the suckier pedigrees, I'll grant you that, but a pedigree nonetheless.

Do some research on what a "pedigree" is and then look up info on the Mile High 2 find and you will find your answer (thumbs u The Mile High 2 is not a pedigree and shouldve never had a pedigree designation in the first place

I'm not sure it is as cut and dried as all that, MK. First of all it suffers from it's unfortunate name, and because it was nothing like the original Mile High, it loses credibility. It should have been called "The Good Fella Collection" or some such. Take the following criteria from the comicpedigrees website:

1. Origin: Amassed by one individual. Not really unless you count the mafia as a collective non-natural individual. One for you.

2. Quality: They seem to be of uniform high quality from what I have seen. One for them.

3. Completeness: Hard to say. Only Silver and Bronze representation but what about Winnipeg and Bowling Green? At the least a toss up.

4. Market Acceptance: Clearly there is a genuine issue of material fact as to that issue.

One for each side and two toss ups. I say this is a thorny one!!

:mad:

:makepoint:

:makepoint:

Don't go dissing on our Muties around here! rantrant

:grin:

Just negotiated a deal to pick this up today...can't wait for my first WM X-men. Theres only a half dozen White Mountain X-Mens graded, so it is quite a treat.

WMX-Men9.jpg

Jim

Sweet book Jim (worship) (worship) :cloud9:

Just negotiated a deal to pick this up today...can't wait for my first WM X-men. Theres only a half dozen White Mountain X-Mens graded, so it is quite a treat.

WMX-Men9.jpg

Jim

Sweet book Jim (worship) (worship) :cloud9:
I agree, super! (thumbs u

WMX-Men9.jpg

Jim

Wow!! Nice pickup. Did you get it from a collector or dealer? I've been looking for a White Mountain myself. When you scored the WM FF 28 from Bob I was green with envy. I had eyed that book for so long, even had it in my hands at last year's National, but just didn't have the cash to pull the trigger. Congrats!! :applause:

Thanks guys...KC you pass on the $2,500 book due to lack of funds, but then pull the trigger on the $35,000 book...uh okay :) :) :)

Jim

What can I say? The funds I had were ear marked for my x-men set.

Hey there fellow Mutant lovers!

Here is a recent pick-up from Ebay.... I paid more than I really wanted to, but I was losing sleep over the gaping hole that was my #24 spot and the good ones seem kind of hard to find and.... and.... :insane:

x24_post.jpg

Only 4 holes left in the 1-66 run.

CG