• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men Collecting Thread!
10 10

2,041 posts in this topic

Casey,

Mate to see that is astounding to say the least, but the main thing has always and will always be family first mate.

Might have to pick up a few of them to hold for ya when you get to it again!!

Robert,

It would be a pleasure for me to see them go to collectors such as yourself.

Casey,

Mate to see that is astounding to say the least, but the main thing has always and will always be family first mate.

Robert,

Casey,

It's always tough for me to think about ever selling some of my ASM's after I finish assembling my run as you are with your gorgeous X-men run.

.......but again I am single, no kids, and still a dating like a male-whore. lol

I am sure this is the right decision, and I hope you are not done collecting. :foryou:

SOT

Edited by spiderman-on-tilt

Casey,

Robert,

Casey,

It's always tough for me to think about ever selling some of my ASM's after I finish assembling my run as you are with your gorgeous X-men run.

.......but again I am single, no kids, and still a dating like a male-whore. lol

I am sure this is the right decision, and I hope you are not done collecting. :foryou:

SOT

I don't think I'm totally out, I still read the new ones that come out. ;)

Great books, Bob!

Thanks, but I'll take your X-Men run any day! Sorry you have to part with it, Casey, but it's reassuring that you can raise some serious coin in a short period of time, should you ever need it, by selling funny books.

Perhaps those unable to afford copies from the #1 registry set will instead vie for copies from the #12 set. lol

Casey,

Robert,

Casey,

SOT

Have you thought about taking some of the money and maybe using some of it to buy a couple keys or something like that? (shrug)

Casey,

Robert,

Casey,

SOT

Have you thought about taking some of the money and maybe using some of it to buy a couple keys or something like that? (shrug)

Guess you haven't seen Casey's X-Men #1. lol

Casey,

Robert,

Casey,

SOT

Yea, but I thought he was selling that to.

Casey,

Robert,

Casey,

SOT

Yea, but I thought he was selling that to.

I am selling everything. I don't plan on making any purchases until we are in a more stable situation.

looks like the Pedigree Grand Auction next Jan will also have X-men 1 9.2 as well as 9.4 for #2 to #4

I guess we won't have to wait till Feb to see the fireworks. Sellers are coming out of the woodwork to get ahead of each others.

I don't be surprise at all if some one else threw a 9.0 or 9.2 copy in the CL exchange before then.

I just officially bought an X-men #1. A 4.0 restored copy but a very presentable book! I'm very excited. I'll post pictures when I get it. I'm sure I'll want to upgrade eventually but it's just a book i've always wanted and will be extremely proud to own!

Still have a couple time payments to make but I think I got a great deal!

I was told the restoration looks mostly professional besides a little amateur looking color touch.

I've never bought a restored book but I wanted an X-men #1 so bad that I figured it was a worthy investment. Someday i'll upgrade to maybe a 6.0 unrestored or something...but until then, here it is! Getting it from Metropolis. Extensive: Color touch, staple reinforcement, pieces added.

vpavsx.jpg

Edited by TheDanimal

Still have a couple time payments to make but I think I got a great deal!

I was told the restoration looks mostly professional besides a little amateur looking color touch.

I've never bought a restored book but I wanted an X-men #1 so bad that I figured it was a worthy investment. Someday i'll upgrade to maybe a 6.0 unrestored or something...but until then, here it is! Getting it from Metropolis. Extensive: Color touch, staple reinforcement, pieces added.

vpavsx.jpg

I think buying restored SA Keys (besides Trimming) is a great way to get them.

Very reasonable prices and I think a lot of collectors will be buying Purple Labels in the future.

I think they are very undervalued.

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch%2Easp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3Dx%2Dmen%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26ItemType%3DCB%26pg%3D2&id=823303

wowza...the book didn't even last 24 hours. X-men #1 9.0 cream/ow

even with that PQ, that is a great price..I wished I placed that offer :frustrated:

I saw that too...that book sold in a flash. Since Disney has finalized the deal with Marvel, there is an uptick for most Marvels keys. Prices are beginning to rise again and these books are very liquid if priced right. In comparison to it's counterparts, DC keys are much more scarce than Marvel keys. Because Marvel has a larger collector base, the demand stampede the supply. There are a lot of good things going for Marvel, but let's just hope Disney does the right thing.

I agree.

I had a choice between this copy and a 1.0 unrestored copy of the same price. I choose the restored based on appearances. When I upgrade eventually I'll replace it with an unrestored higher grade copy...but I just didn't want to get a book that looked like it was falling apart almost.

All in all i'd rather have unrestored, but I am more than happy to pick up a SA key at the price I paid that I can be proud of!