• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men Collecting Thread!
10 10

2,041 posts in this topic

I agree.

I had a choice between this copy and a 1.0 unrestored copy of the same price. I choose the restored based on appearances. When I upgrade eventually I'll replace it with an unrestored higher grade copy...but I just didn't want to get a book that looked like it was falling apart almost.

All in all i'd rather have unrestored, but I am more than happy to pick up a SA key at the price I paid that I can be proud of!

The book looks really nice! It sounds like you've got a good plan going, and you get to enjoy this now - instant gratification.

nice books... in fact X-men 21 is the book that got me started in the high grade addiction to SA. I remembered buying a copy and it was so white, no clean back in the late 80's....20 plus years later, I just got it graded back in 10/08 and it came back 8.5 white page :cloud9:

I got these off of ebay for a fair price in between the holidays - the 21 especially is a nice looking book with WP:

uxm21.jpg

uxm74.jpg

Very nice books. (thumbs u

I still need both of those.

Thanks guys!

nice books... in fact X-men 21 is the book that got me started in the high grade addiction to SA. I remembered buying a copy and it was so white, no clean back in the late 80's....20 plus years later, I just got it graded back in 10/08 and it came back 8.5 white page :cloud9:

Very cool feat!

add X-men#1 9.4 at CL feb auction along with the 9.2 that is already there. They are coming out fast & furious :banana:

1 9.0

2 9.2

1 9.4, all in the next 30 days!

so many choices, so not enough money :P to chase them all.

add X-men#1 9.4 at CL feb auction along with the 9.2 that is already there. They are coming out fast & furious :banana:

1 9.0

2 9.2

All are looking to cash in after what the last 9.4 sold for :whistle:

it will be :popcorn: to watch all the actions unfold on all of these books. At least for me since it is my only grail. The 9.0 already surpassed my rediculous low ball OSPG bid ;)

I don't know what is better or worse for both sellers and potential buyers. Be the first or be the last since the potential pool of buyers are so limited hm and the choices are so plentiful.

1 9.0

2 9.2

I guess CL don't take Kidneys as a downpayment :insane:lol

Cool book!!! I just officially started an X-men run after I bought my number 1. I think I'm collecting everything into the copper age but buying these early issues to start. Going to be fun. My collection has lacked focus and direction but not anymore!!! lol I'm stoked

Cool book!!! I just officially started an X-men run after I bought my number 1. I think I'm collecting everything into the copper age but buying these early issues to start. Going to be fun. My collection has lacked focus and direction but not anymore!!! lol I'm stoked

Good luck with your quest! BTW, as long as I had dug out that X-Men 9, I decided to read it last night. It's real fun reading these stories and appreciating both Stan Lee's storytelling and Jack Kirby's art. I'll dig out my number six. I had my X-Men 3 slabbed back in '04 so I can't reread that story. But I was happy with the grade of 8.5. I'll post that one too in the next couple of days!

Good luck with your quest! BTW, as long as I had dug out that X-Men 9, I decided to read it last night. It's real fun reading these stories and appreciating both Stan Lee's storytelling and Jack Kirby's art. I'll dig out my number six. I had my X-Men 3 slabbed back in '04 so I can't reread that story. But I was happy with the grade of 8.5. I'll post that one too in the next couple of days!

Nice 9! I reread it recently as well, Marvel Girl's close run-in with the menacing hole in the ground cracks me up. Definitely a fun battle.

Here's one of four X-Men books that I own. I bought it back in the early eighties at the SDCC. I forgot what I paid for it, but it couldn't have been too much. X-Men9.jpg

Classic Marvel Age cover --- Kirby pencils and Stone inks/colours ... and a wonderful copy of this book to boot.

I'm doing the run in raw to keep costs down and keep it consistent.

Just started it the other day and I have #1, 29,31,32. The three later ones I got today are gorgeous. Especially the 2 from GAcollectibles. Solid VF copies. He has a lot of others that I want so it'll be nice to see him every month at a monthly local con and grab a couple each time.

My goal is in 2010 to complete X-men 1-66 but we'll see. No reason to rush. It's nice to pick out my "perfect" copies. Finishing this run eventually in F-VF will be a very proud day for me.

Not sure which run I'll do after. I would love to do ASM but it's so much more costly. So many key issues while X-men just doesn't have as many. Maybe i'll just do a Spider-man run of only key issues.

Maybe Daredevil later on..not sure...

Love seeing pictures so post more! lol

Edited by TheDanimal

xm01.jpg

Excuse the cross post but as I'm sure is understandable, I'm REALLY excited. You only get to post certain books once.

-Rob-

man congrats!!!! damn i cant wait for cgc to mail back my copy...