• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men Collecting Thread!
10 10

2,041 posts in this topic

xm01.jpg

Excuse the cross post but as I'm sure is understandable, I'm REALLY excited. You only get to post certain books once.

-Rob-

man congrats!!!! damn i cant wait for cgc to mail back my copy...

Good luck!! Do you know the grade yet?

-Rob-

I was wondering something. I am trying to decide what I want out of my X-men run.

What numbers in the run do people own or what are your goals?

I can't decide whether I want the entire run, or just the silver age run??

I absolutely love the Clairmont era but really just want to finalize a stopping point so when I know exactly where it's going in the back of my mind.

Any advice?

Edited by TheDanimal

I was wondering something. I am trying to decide what I want out of my X-men run.

What numbers in the run do people own or what are your goals?

I can't decide whether I want the entire run, or just the silver age run??

I absolutely love the Clairmont era but really just want to finalize a stopping point so when I know exactly where it's going in the back of my mind.

Any advice?

I am going a bit broader and just lumping the original run and the reprints together as the run I'm going after now. I know I'll eventually want both and that 1/2 the time the books I pick up are due to what I feel is a favorable price presenting itself to me. The rest of the time are those books that I actively seek out.

My eyes are constantly wandering, though, and I'm pretty bad at picking books up that are outside of 1-93, whether it be upgrades to later runs, pretty slabs, or whathaveyou. The one thing I am squarely focused on is the grade I'd like to stay within for each era, and I am aiming to pick up 1-3 SA books a month depending on what's going on in life. Definitely not in a rush - wouldn't be able to be in one even if I wanted. If you miss out on a book, there will most likely be another book out there that interest you, which is great. Or maddening.

I can give myself temporary boundaries to play within, but in reality there is no stopping point. :ohnoez:

Donald

Edited by donsey