• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers collecting thread!
10 10

1,730 posts in this topic

Here are my slabbed Avengers. Still waiting for a few of these to arrive, and when they do I'll scan and post 'em:

#3 - CGC 6.0

#7 - CGC 7.0

#14 - CGC 9.2

#20 - CGC 9.2

#40 - CGC 9.2

#47 - CGC 9.8 !!!

#48 - CGC 9.4

#54 - CGC 9.2

#55 - CGC 9.2

#100 - CGC 9.2

I have some others that I think are worth slabbing. I'll submit them this summer, but here's where I think they'll end up:

#2 - I think a 9.0

#22 - 9.0

#52 - I think 9.4 or 9.6

#53 - 9.4

#57 - 9.4

#66 - 9.4

#69 - 9.2 or 9.4

#74 - 9.4

#76 - 9.2 or 9.4

#98 - 9.2

I'll try to do scans of these soon...

Thanks! Honestly, the only thing I can think is that he tagged this one as being the Golden Record copy (listed as 4a in the OSPG) and it WOULD price at $25 for that copy in this grade. But yeah, I was pretty excited to say the least. I also snagged a 1.0 (maybe 1.5) copy of ASM 5 for only $15 so it's been a really successful couple of visits at this store.

Wow! I was thinking the same thing if that Avengers #4 was the Record version. Are you sure there wasn't another version? Or was the Golden Record book the same saize as a true comic? Hopefully it's the original you have and, besides owning such a classic, you have a great story to tell! Great buy!

Shadow, I scanned the book and posted it in the "Hey buddy, can you spare a grade?" thread. It's been verified by a number of vet boardies here, so swing by and see for yourself!

It definitely makes for one helluva story, and has been the toast of the weekend! The only way I would entertain the sale/trade of this major marvel key would be if it somehow lead towards one of my super-grails.

That was such a brilliant find, Mac Man. Congrats! Where do you live?

#4 is #1 on my list right now, but even a 6.5 goes for $600. A copy just sold on Ebay from a selling with 15 feedback, a tiny scan, and no detail in the description about the condition (other than "extra extra sharp"). I asked him for high res scans, but didn't hear back from him, so I stayed away from it.

It went for over $1200 today, which is the OSG price for an 8.0... I don't know how anyone can take a $1200 flyer on a book like that. confused-smiley-013.gif

Oh yeah.... I forgot #11 was an early Spidey appearance. Might have to go somewhere into my list. I'm in Connecticut- lots of great little LCSs around here. I think he must've mistaken this one for the Golden Record reprint. Thanks to Point Five, I was able to I.D. this as a legit first printing, and into the long box it went!

Hey gang! Just to show that although Charlton books are still the end-all be-all of my collecting existence, I do have a soft spot in my heart for The Avengers:

Here's a few from the CHAOSUS Hoboken collection that I hope to submit this month.

Chaosus-Avengers-11.jpg

Chaosus-Avengers-13.jpg

Chaosus-Avengers-15.jpg

So waddaya think, huh? Huh? confused-smiley-013.gif