• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paradise Comicon 2007 - June 8-10, 2007

203 posts in this topic

Are you talking about Harely Yee? Is he coming?

He's under 'H'

VENDORS/PUBLISHERS/COMPANIES

3rd Quadrant

4EverComix

20th Century Fox

Aardvark-Vanaheim, Inc.

Abstract Studios

Ad Astra

Adamo’s

All New Comics

Amazing Georges

Another Dream

Beguiling, The

Big B Comics

Blue Beetle

Boom! Studios

Brian McSweeney

CCBCAA (Joe Shuster Awards)

Comic Art Links

Comic Book Addiction

Comic Book Corner

Comic Book Masters

Comic Book Movie Store

Comic Trader, The

Comic Doctor, The

Comics & More

Comics Guaranty, LLC (CGC)

Cyber-City Comics

Cyclone Comics

Danny Wong

Dayfree Press

DC Comics Editors

Dean’s Comics & Collectibles

DMF Comics

Dragon, The

Dragon Lady

DragonStar

Drawing the Line

Evil Dead – The Musical

Fantastic Films

Graham Crackers Comics

Grey Region

Hairy Tarantula

Harley Yee Rare Comics

Happy Worker

Healing Heart Designs

Hero Initiative, The

High Grade Comics

Iceman Video Games

Imaginism Studios

Inventa

Jeff Singh Original Art

Jeliboos Comics

Kiss Machine

Kool Kollectibles

Labyrinth, The

Little Eva Ink Publishing

Major Comics

Mannish Mistry Comics

Max the Mutt Animation School

Moe’s Attic

Monte Cohen

Mr. Comics

North York Harvest Food Bank

Paradise Comics

Pencil Monkey Studios

Peter Gallagher Collection

Polaris (Toronto Trek)

Royal Academy of Illustration & Design

Scott Wylie

Septagon Studios

Shockwave Comics

Sketchkrieg!

Social person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point Productions

Stan Tam

Stephen Ritter

SuicideGirls

Superworld Comics

Toronto Star, The

TransformersCon

Udon Entertainment

Understreet

Universal Designs

Unknown Worlds Comics

Watcher, The

Ward Fernandez

Wes Hagen

When I Was Young

Wild Things Creations

Wyldstar

Yoram Matzkin

Bechara is still coming, he'll be displaying his original art for sale at the Paradise booth.

For Immediate Release:

June 1, 2007

Golden Looks for HERO’s Coast-to-Coast!

Supercon and Paradise Comicon Host Back-to-Back Appearances,

“Guest of Honor” in Toronto!

San Jose—Comics Creator Michael Golden will be making two major convention appearances back-to-back and coast-to-coast these next two jam-packed weekends, and will be looking for a few heroes for HERO Initiative along the way!

In an ongoing effort to take part in this important non-profit organization that aids comic professionals in need, Golden will be whipping out some great marker sketches at the HERO’s booth at both the San Jose SuperCon and the Toronto Paradise Comicon, on the Sunday’s of the shows from 1-2, each of those days. Maker head sketches will be available for a minimum donation. Come by the HERO booth for more details and get one for your own, helping a good cause at the same time.

“Both these shows are run by tremendous people, who are devoted to comics, the artists and the art,” said Golden’s agent, Renee Witterstaetter. “It’s no wonder that HERO has decided to also be involved with these stellar shows, and we thank Jim McLaughlin and Charles Novinskie of H.I. for the opportunity to help as well.”

In addition, as one of the “Guests of Honor” at the Paradise Comicon, you are sure to spot Golden’s stunning work featured big and bold on the conventions official poster, plastered around that town, and available for signing and numbering at the convention while supplies last. And, in celebration for this first appearance in Canada, Golden will also be taking part in a coloring critique for kids, providing print outs of his artwork, and giving advice to these future artist’s in the making.

“Michael did a similar art program for kids at a recent appearance in Europe,” said Witterstaetter, “And it was a tremendous success. Highlight of the trip! For an artist who is so busy at home, these endeavors along with supporting organizations such as HERO, make the conventions even more worthwhile. (i.e. It means we can get him to agree to leave the studio for a good cause.)”

Some of that work he is so busy on includes an upcoming Spirit story written by the talented Gail Simone; the art book “Excess: The Art of Michael Golden” from Vanguard Productions; as well as “Modern Masters in the Studio with Michael Golden” from Twomorrows; and "The Creator Chronicles" DVD from Woodcrest…among much more. (Contact: www.evaink.com for more information.)

In the meantime, the San Jose Supercon is scheduled for June 2 – 3rd at the San Jose Convention Center. Go to: http://www.super-con.com for directions. While the Paradise Comic Con is slated for June 8-10 in Toronto. Go to: http://www.torontocomicon.com for more details on their special booth and programs for kids, Golden’s panels, and availability of his limited “Guest of Honor” poster.

Women of Comics II Announces Women of Comics Booth Schedule

The Women of Comics Booth will feature signings and portfolio reviews by some of the featured participants in the 2nd WOC Symposium. Also, selected works by the participants will be available for sale at the WOC booth, run by All New Comics.

Please check the schedule for other events featuring the Women of Comics 2 participants and the floor plan for their regular seating assignments during the other hours of Comicon.

Saturday:

11:00 Nicola Scott and Gail Simone

12:00 Cecil Castellucci

01:00 Raina Telgemeier and Tania Del Rio

02:00 Tara McPherson and Christine Norrie

04:00 Joan Hilty portfolio review

05:00 Shelly Bond portfolio review

Sunday:

12:00 Svetlana Chmakova and Diana Tamblyn

01:00 Shelly Bond portfolio review

03:00 Joan Hilty portfolio review

For more information on the Women of Comics, please visit www.womenofcomics.com

Workshops with Michael Golden, Gail Simone, Svetlana Chmakova & Ty Templeton in T.O.

MAX THE MUTT ANIMATION SCHOOL is proud to organize and present in association with the PARADISE TORONTO COMICON a series of workshops focusing on the creation of comic books with top professionals in the industry. All workshops are presented free of charge with the purchase of a ticket to attend the convention on the day that the workshops are scheduled. Seating is limited so please show up early!

For information on Max the Mutt Animation School please go to: www.maxthemutt.com

For further information on the PARADISE TORONTO COMICON please go to:

www.torontocomicon.com .

For questions regarding the workshops please contact Carla Drmay at cdrmay@maxthemutt.com .

SATURDAY, JUNE 9, 2007 - SHOW HOURS 10:00AM – 6:30PM

03:00 MAX THE MUTT PRESENTS: SVETLANA CHMAKOVA – MANGA CHARACTER DESIGN

(Room C3 – upstairs)

Award-winning creator of Dramacon demonstrates her process of designing and drawing manga-style characters, as well as the use of manga's unique visual vocabulary in conveying character emotions.

04:00 MAX THE MUTT PRESENTS: GAIL SIMONE - WRITING FOR COMICS

(Room C3 – upstairs) Wonder Woman and Birds of Prey writer GAIL SIMONE presents an introduction to the art of writing for comics, touching briefly on pitching, pacing, and how to develop a character's unique voice. The second half will be answering questions from the audience on any topic related to comics writing."

05:00 MAX THE MUTT PRESENTS: TY TEMPLETON - COMIC BOOK BOOT CAMP (Room C3 – upstairs)

Comic Book writer and artist (and multiple 2007Shuster Award nominee) Ty Templeton gives a talk called "Comic Book Boot Camp", which introduces an audience to the tricks of the trade and the philosophy behind the panels. "How do you write a comic page?". "Where do you get your ideas?". "How do cartoonists draw without models or photo reference?" "What's the difference between a skill and a talent?" "Can I learn to do this myself?"

All questions will be answered, all secrets revealed.

SUNDAY, JUNE 10, 2007 - SHOW HOURS: 11:00AM – 5:00PM

01:00 MAX THE MUTT PRESENTS: MICHAEL GOLDEN – PENCILLING FOR COMICS (Room C3 – upstairs)

A prominent penciller for Marvel and DC comics in the 70's and 80's Michael Golden brought masterful draughtsmanship to titles such as Micronauts, Marvel Fanfare, Buck O'Hare and the milestone war comic book The Nam. He currently remains active in the industry providing eye popping covers for books such as Nightwing, Superman: Man of Steel and Vigilante. For this workshop Michael will discuss the nuts and bolts of producing the pencilled comics page.

For updates and additional information on workshop offerings please go to:

www.maxthemutt.blogspot.com

Roy: I hope there is, there wasn't one last year and I'd like to see one. I'll be hanging around the show all weekend and I'll be available Firday or Saturday. Anyone want to organize one?

Jim

I organized it one year (anyone remember Hooters?). That was enough for me. tongue.gif

Maybe Friday evening then? I'd be willing to try organizing something if there seemed like enough interest. Especially since I live in the west end so will be close enough to the show as-is.

Who would be game for a Friday post-con dinner? If I get at least 4 yes nods then I think we can plan something.

Maybe Friday evening then? I'd be willing to try organizing something if there seemed like enough interest. Especially since I live in the west end so will be close enough to the show as-is.

Who would be game for a Friday post-con dinner? If I get at least 4 yes nods then I think we can plan something.

I won't be staying late Friday so I'd be out. Traditionally it's been on a Saturday. I think it's a little more relaxing as most have to work all day Friday before the con so it makes Fri a long day.

Also wondering if any of the dealers will want to come out.

R.