• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Tales Collecting Thread !
12 12

2,876 posts in this topic

I have Strange Tales 90-100 with the exception of 94 and was determined to get the 8.5 last night on CLink. I thought I bid aggressively, but was completely blown out of the water. Just staggering prices on some of these book.

82 CGC 8.5 $813 :o

90 CGC 9.0 $861 :o

94 CGC 8.5 $955 :o

I also wanted the 105, but couldn't compete when it went way over GPA for a book that looks miscut.

105 CGC 8.5 $555 (an 8.0 just sold for $250)

107 CGC 9.4 $9,100 :o

113 CGC 9.0 $1,345 (2 GPA sales in the last year with avg = $475) :o

The difference in price between these two is beyond me. :screwy:

159 CGC 9.6 $1,212

159 CGC 9.4 $330

Mike

Edited by Monkeyman

I love this series

Last month I completed one of the three series I'm currently putting together, so under my own rules I'm allowed to start collecting another series and I've decided to go for Strange Tales from #101 to #168.

I made a nice dent already this month, getting some books from a board member and stumbling on an OO collection in Holland of all places.

The real exciting part is that I never owned a single Strange Tales book, or even read one before this month.

Well the collection is finished :banana:

Took me a little over a month to get the 68 books, alas I don't have all of them in hand at the moment, but I'll pick them up next month when I'm in the US.

Got all the Fury books from Stuart (nochips) and most of the #101 - 152 books I got from an original owner.

there were 9 books missing, the #101 & #102 I won on eBay and the others I managed to snag at Heritage last week (Sunday auction)

th_ST102.jpgth_ST103.jpgth_ST105.jpgth_ST106.jpgth_ST107.jpgth_ST108.jpgth_ST109.jpgth_ST110.jpg

All books will get cracked out and then I'll read them from #101 through to the end. :cloud9:

So this means I can go out and start completing another series hm

That's really cool! Too bad you got them so quickly though, it's more fun if

you have to sweat for a few years...

The best are the ST 126-146 Dr. Strange run. Ditko being brilliant.

Rich, I thought you were a torch fan!

I love this series

Last month I completed one of the three series I'm currently putting together, so under my own rules I'm allowed to start collecting another series and I've decided to go for Strange Tales from #101 to #168.

I made a nice dent already this month, getting some books from a board member and stumbling on an OO collection in Holland of all places.

The real exciting part is that I never owned a single Strange Tales book, or even read one before this month.

Well the collection is finished :banana:

Took me a little over a month to get the 68 books, alas I don't have all of them in hand at the moment, but I'll pick them up next month when I'm in the US.

Got all the Fury books from Stuart (nochips) and most of the #101 - 152 books I got from an original owner.

there were 9 books missing, the #101 & #102 I won on eBay and the others I managed to snag at Heritage last week (Sunday auction)

All books will get cracked out and then I'll read them from #101 through to the end. :cloud9:

So this means I can go out and start completing another series hm

Excellent work. The older i get the more i appreciate this title. Are you going to post your cracking on your blog?

Id be interested to see how its done. Neil

lol

Believe me I've been working on TOS and JIM for two years now and it's not that much fun.

When I start a series the aim is to complete it in 12-18 months, been successful with all the series in the past (I think I did ASM in less than a year) but for some reason these two series are dragging.

I've read part of the Ditko Dr Strange run and much prefer it to his ASM books...blasphemy I know :whistle:

Excellent work. The older i get the more i appreciate this title. Are you going to post your cracking on your blog?

Id be interested to see how its done. Neil

I might, trouble is that I'll be cracking them when I'm in the US, I'll be together with some friends/boardies and maybe we can make an event out of it hm

In the meantime you can watch this one

I am, but the Dr Strange stories are better in every way. The Torch has by far the cooler covers though (worship):cool:

Just imagine if Ditko could have done a bunch of Dr. Strange covers instead

of the actual Torch ones...

Based on the Hallis mockups, they would have been stunning

Just imagine if Ditko could have done a bunch of Dr. Strange covers instead

of the actual Torch ones...

Based on the Hallis mockups, they would have been stunning

Aahhh, I remember those!! :cloud9: Very cool. Anyone have a link?