• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Tales Collecting Thread !
12 12

2,876 posts in this topic

I just saw the ST#107 CGC 9.4 sold for $9,100! Wasn't this a $5k book only a year ago. (worship)

Shoulda sold me your copy!!!!!! :censored:doh!:boo::tonofbricks::censored::makepoint:

Never had one that nice. I almost bought a 9.2 at least a year ago off of Pedigree but someone beat me to it. Should have kept my 8.5 copy. :cry:

Sweet 10 cent issues AtlasFan

Here is my latest addition:

st103s.jpg

(worship) Hey, that looks like Glasgap's old copy

...and to think that it got an average grade of 7.0 in the grading forum a couple of years ago... lol

Would have loved to get my hands on this one back in the days.

Here's the raw scan for comparison:

ST103-glasgap-front.jpg

I love this series

Last month I completed one of the three series I'm currently putting together, so under my own rules I'm allowed to start collecting another series and I've decided to go for Strange Tales from #101 to #168.

I made a nice dent already this month, getting some books from a board member and stumbling on an OO collection in Holland of all places.

The real exciting part is that I never owned a single Strange Tales book, or even read one before this month.

Well the collection is finished :banana:

Took me a little over a month to get the 68 books, alas I don't have all of them in hand at the moment, but I'll pick them up next month when I'm in the US.

Got all the Fury books from Stuart (nochips) and most of the #101 - 152 books I got from an original owner.

there were 9 books missing, the #101 & #102 I won on eBay and the others I managed to snag at Heritage last week (Sunday auction)

th_ST102.jpgth_ST103.jpgth_ST105.jpgth_ST106.jpgth_ST107.jpgth_ST108.jpgth_ST109.jpgth_ST110.jpg

All books will get cracked out and then I'll read them from #101 through to the end. :cloud9:

So this means I can go out and start completing another series hm

Nice run of books Chromium, I don't know if it's your scanner but the front cover colors are great on those! :applause:

I love this series

Last month I completed one of the three series I'm currently putting together, so under my own rules I'm allowed to start collecting another series and I've decided to go for Strange Tales from #101 to #168.

I made a nice dent already this month, getting some books from a board member and stumbling on an OO collection in Holland of all places.

The real exciting part is that I never owned a single Strange Tales book, or even read one before this month.

Well the collection is finished :banana:

Took me a little over a month to get the 68 books, alas I don't have all of them in hand at the moment, but I'll pick them up next month when I'm in the US.

Got all the Fury books from Stuart (nochips) and most of the #101 - 152 books I got from an original owner.

there were 9 books missing, the #101 & #102 I won on eBay and the others I managed to snag at Heritage last week (Sunday auction)

th_ST102.jpgth_ST103.jpgth_ST105.jpgth_ST106.jpgth_ST107.jpgth_ST108.jpgth_ST109.jpgth_ST110.jpg

All books will get cracked out and then I'll read them from #101 through to the end. :cloud9:

So this means I can go out and start completing another series hm

Nice run of books Chromium, I don't know if it's your scanner but the front cover colors are great on those! :applause:

Thanks (thumbs u

They're all from the same source so I think they are from the same run/owner and yes all covers are pretty bright and colorful

I've had this book a few years + never posted a scan + am motivated to do so now.

All the hype around Cap + the Avengers definitely has something to do with it. Another awesome Kirby cover!!!! (worship) (worship) :cloud9::applause::headbang::D:takeit:

ST114.jpg

Well...once again...I'm just...SPEECHLESS!! :o

( :gossip: Actually...I'm rarely ever speechless...this was the last one I just picked up to complete my 110-146 run in 7.0...and here I was pretty pleased with that... :tonofbricks: )

Seriously...in my commandments it's not cool to covet thy neighbors wife but the comics are open-season! :devil:

I've had this book a few years + never posted a scan + am motivated to do so now.

All the hype around Cap + the Avengers definitely has something to do with it. Another awesome Kirby cover!!!! (worship) (worship) :cloud9::applause::headbang::D:takeit:

ST114.jpg

Well...once again...I'm just...SPEECHLESS!! :o

( :gossip: Actually...I'm rarely ever speechless...this was the last one I just picked up to complete my 110-146 run in 7.0...and here I was pretty pleased with that... :tonofbricks: )

Seriously...in my commandments it's not cool to covet thy neighbors wife but the comics are open-season! :devil:

lol Actually, I believe that comics transcend the governance of the commandments, so you are quite correct (thumbs u

Morning everyone,

I don't post in this thread, so I apoligize if this has been done already. I found this parody on the back of Simpsons Comics #3 and thought you'd like to compare.

StrangeTales167.jpg

Simpsons3.jpg

Morning everyone,

I don't post in this thread, so I apoligize if this has been done already. I found this parody on the back of Simpsons Comics #3 and thought you'd like to compare.

StrangeTales167.jpg

Simpsons3.jpg

I love the homages + such that the Simpsons' comics + shows, as well as Futurama, do to honor the rich history of comics. There's no doubt that they "get it", love it + know it so well that they can even poke a litle fun at it. Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (worship) (worship) (thumbs u :applause::headbang:

I DID IT! :headbang:

114 is finally in hand and I have finished my raw Ditko Dr. Strange ST 110-146 run...average grade 6.0...and I am officially stoked!

( :gossip: took a little over 4 months...would've been 3 months but took the last month to reel in the 114... )

STRANGE TALES 110 – 146

th_STRANGETALES110.jpgth_STRANGETALES111.jpgth_STRANGETALES11245.jpgth_STRANGETALES113.jpgth_STRANGETALES11470.jpg

th_STRANGETALES11565.jpgth_STRANGETALES116.jpgth_STRANGETALES117.jpgth_STRANGETALES11850.jpgth_STRANGETALES119.jpg

th_STRANGETALES120.jpgth_STRANGETALES121G.jpgth_STRANGETALES12255.jpgth_STRANGETALES123.jpgth_STRANGETALES12460.jpg

th_STRANGETALES125.jpgth_STRANGETALES12665.jpgth_STRANGETALES127.jpgth_STRANGETALES128.jpgth_STRANGETALES12950.jpg

th_STRANGETALES130.jpgth_STRANGETALES13155.jpgth_STRANGETALES132.jpgth_STRANGETALES133FN.jpgth_STRANGETALES13465.jpg

th_STRANGETALES135FN.jpgth_STRANGETALES136.jpgth_STRANGETALES13765.jpgth_STRANGETALES138.jpgth_STRANGETALES139.jpg

th_STRANGETALES14060.jpgth_STRANGETALES141.jpgth_STRANGETALES14260.jpgth_STRANGETALES143.jpgth_STRANGETALES144.jpg

th_STRANGETALES145.jpgth_STRANGETALES14675.jpg

Edited by trmoore54

You know..issues 147 - 152 have a nifty Dr. Strange run by one of my faves, Mr. Bill Everett...they are quite affordable in fine as well...then you hit the Steranko issues...soon you are up to 168!

Edited by mtlevy