• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
16 16

3,126 posts in this topic

Daredevil #1 CGC 9.6 ow/w.......$31,750

I would be very happy if I was the buyer, personally speaking.

Whatcha allz think? :popcorn:

Depends on whether it was a recent buy that has been flipped or a long term holder of the book.

Recent sales:

$50,750 Nov 10 Curator 9.6 W

$37,344 Nov 10 9.6 OWW

$32,999 May 11 9.6 OWW

$31,501 Aug 11 Twin City 9.6 OWW pressed from 9.4

If its the 2nd or 3rd listed above then $28,575 (the amount of the current sale after CL commission) isn't so good.

Daredevil #1 CGC 9.6 ow/w.......$31,750

I would be very happy if I was the buyer, personally speaking.

Whatcha allz think? :popcorn:

Depends on whether it was a recent buy that has been flipped or a long term holder of the book.

Recent sales:

$50,750 Nov 10 Curator 9.6 W

$37,344 Nov 10 9.6 OWW

$32,999 May 11 9.6 OWW

$31,501 Aug 11 Twin City 9.6 OWW pressed from 9.4

If its the 2nd or 3rd listed above then $28,575 (the amount of the current sale after CL commission) isn't so good.

That price seems to be a bit on the low side but generally in-line with recent non-Curator sales. Maybe the Curator sale skewed the perspective a bit (it did for me too, I was expecting a higher result for the Clink book) but if you look at the '11 sales last night's book falls right in-line.

Tend to agree with you that the price is a little lower than the others (ignoring the pressed Twin City 9.4) but this can be expected with number of 9.6 sales in such a short period of time.

Tend to agree with you that the price is a little lower than the others (ignoring the pressed Twin City 9.4) but this can be expected with number of 9.6 sales in such a short period of time.

Like the GL #76, this is another example of why it is advisable not to chase the first book of a particular number in HG that shows up in an auction, just wait for its strong result to shake out a few more and pick one of those up cheap (ok, not that $31K is cheap, but relatively so)!

Was that $37K result quoted above the TC sale? Looks like lots of those books are getting squished and flipped...

No the 31.5k sale was the TC copy sold on Pedigree this month.

It cost $17.9k when it was a 9.4 in the May Heritage sale.

Knowledge of the above must have had some impact on its 9.6 sale price.

Maybe so, but that is still a nice payday.

I agree that the supply of 9.6s that has been released lately has aided in lowering the demand price. I also agree that like the GL #76......patience with these books is a good thing to have.

Well - I'm happy for the seller and especially the buyer. I would LOVE a 9.6 but a 9.4 must suffice for me at some time in the near future.

Long live DD!!

Maybe so, but that is still a nice payday.

Just checked GPA and the book sold is neither of the other 2 copies so it is indeed a nice payday (thumbs u