• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
16 16

3,126 posts in this topic

It has been a slow year...not much going on so I decided to load a few scans. Nothing new, just stuff I have for years that I never posted... and this is the best raw DD I have. If I was to ever collect a theme, it will be cover with Dr. Doom.

dd38.jpg

Been a very, long time coming. I'm pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty PSYCHED!! I was holding it yesterday morning while having a cup of coffee and honestly, I just stared at it and smiled for about ten minutes. One of the nicest mornings I have had in a good while. I owe it ALL to Mr. Vintagecomics......the artist formerly known as Roy.

Thank-you so very, very much Roy, I love it Mandinga!! :foryou:

DD7cgc94oww50p.jpg

I go away for a few weeks and this thing shows up.

BOOM

Been a very, long time coming. I'm pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty PSYCHED!! I was holding it yesterday morning while having a cup of coffee and honestly, I just stared at it and smiled for about ten minutes. One of the nicest mornings I have had in a good while. I owe it ALL to Mr. Vintagecomics......the artist formerly known as Roy.

DD7cgc94oww50p.jpg

(swoon)

What a beauty

I just picked up a copy at SD! Only $10!

Of course, it's missing a couple pages, so... ;)

Story's complete!

Really, Icc, she's a beauty. Congrats!

I've got 16 WP copies now.

I missed that part the first go round.

Hoard much? lol!!

:jokealert: ^

Favorite DD cover/artist's work? You like Mister Hyde....a lot? Like the story? You gotta enlighten me on this one. All white pagers too Wow!!

I just started reading Daredevil from #1, enjoying the hell out of it! I am also thinking of collecting Daredevil Keys. I recently bought a copy of DD #1.

Can you guys make a list of Daredevil Keys or "must have issues".

Please post or PM me. I would like to start the hunt.

Thanks a bunch!

Dom

I just started reading Daredevil from #1, enjoying the hell out of it! I am also thinking of collecting Daredevil Keys. I recently bought a copy of DD #1.

Thanks a bunch!

Dom

Daredevil 7 is a key (red costume). And I'll shamelessly plug Daredevil 16 as a key or at least semi-key as it is a Spiderman crossover with the first artwork of John Romita on Spiderman. (thumbs u

Thanks a bunch!

Dom

Daredevil 7 is a key (red costume). And I'll shamelessly plug Daredevil 16 as a key or at least semi-key as it is a Spiderman crossover with the first artwork of John Romita on Spiderman. (thumbs u

Cool cool also 1st appearance of Electra and Bullseye are keys. Anymore?

Thanks a bunch!

Dom

# 18. First appearance of Gladiator.

# 42. First appearance of Jester.

# 81. First appearance of Black Widow.

Lots of important issues between #100-200.

that is very entertaining :)

In my mind

#1 is a key

#131,158,168 are key copper/bronze

and that's about it.

Hard to call first stilt man or even 1st red costume "keys"

Between 1 - 100 I like the covers where is fighting another superhero:

7 Subby

12 Ka-Zar (24)

16 Spidey

30 Thor

43 Cap

Not saying they're all keys but cool covers

Currently, the word, "key", usually means a book that is popular and expensive.

Comic book series of hundreds of issues have keys because runs are hard or expensive to assemble or the story or mythos of the character tends to become repetitive or directionless after decades of writing/drawing. First issues, iconic covers, and introductions of important characters/villains are the most recognizable type of keys.*

Therefore for DD, #1 and #7 are the two traditional keys. Throw in the early Romita Spider-Man issues, #16 and #17, and you will have a collection of four issues with which not many will argue.

If you want more from the Silver Age DD series, you might approach it from a literary/artistic perspective and ask yourself which books are important to the DD mythos or story. You would be personally defining the series by: writer; artist; character introduction and development; and plot direction. For example, you could pick up a book and explain why it is important according to one or more of these criteria.

This particular approach would mean many of the early books will be important, with the number selected becoming less and less as the series becomes more established. Such a collection could easily contain 20-25 of the first 100 books.

*though first issues and covers have become more important as less collectors are interested in reading the interiors due to slabbing or quality of the story.

Currently, the word, "key", usually means a book that is popular and expensive.

Comic book series of hundreds of issues have keys because runs are hard or expensive to assemble or the story or mythos of the character tends to become repetitive or directionless after decades of writing/drawing. First issues, iconic covers, and introductions of important characters/villains are the most recognizable type of keys.*

Therefore for DD, #1 and #7 are the two traditional keys. Throw in the early Romita Spider-Man issues, #16 and #17, and you will have a collection of four issues with which not many will argue.

If you want more from the Silver Age DD series, you might approach it from a literary/artistic perspective and ask yourself which books are important to the DD mythos or story. You would be personally defining the series by: writer; artist; character introduction and development; and plot direction. For example, you could pick up a book and explain why it is important according to one or more of these criteria.

This particular approach would mean many of the early books will be important, with the number selected becoming less and less as the series becomes more established. Such a collection could easily contain 20-25 of the first 100 books.

*though first issues and covers have become more important as less collectors are interested in reading the interiors due to slabbing or quality of the story.

(thumbs u sounds good!

DD7cgc94oww50p.jpg

Beautiful!! I just bought a book from Roy on the boards. I've heard great things about him