• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daredevil Collecting Thread
16 16

3,126 posts in this topic

Daredevil #1 CGC 9.6 ow/w.......$31,750

I would be very happy if I was the buyer, personally speaking.

Whatcha allz think? :popcorn:

Depends on whether it was a recent buy that has been flipped or a long term holder of the book.

Recent sales:

$50,750 Nov 10 Curator 9.6 W

$37,344 Nov 10 9.6 OWW

$32,999 May 11 9.6 OWW

$31,501 Aug 11 Twin City 9.6 OWW pressed from 9.4

If its the 2nd or 3rd listed above then $28,575 (the amount of the current sale after CL commission) isn't so good.

That price seems to be a bit on the low side but generally in-line with recent non-Curator sales. Maybe the Curator sale skewed the perspective a bit (it did for me too, I was expecting a higher result for the Clink book) but if you look at the '11 sales last night's book falls right in-line.

What killed the book in Nov 2010 was 3 copies all being auctioned off the same week.

Brulato's Curator fetched $50,000 (he upgraded to a 9.8).

Then I believe Clink or Pedigree (can't remember which but it was the other site that did not have the Curator for sale) sold a copy for around $35-40,000 and finally the $37,000 copy went on Heritage but it was a brown, not so pretty copy that wouldn't have fetched strong money even if it was the only 9.6 being auctioned off that week.

That combination of too many books all ending in one week and the last one being an ugly copy really hurt the DD #1 as far as perception is concerned.

2c

That was indeed a flurry of 9.6 #1s at that time.

(unfortunately a lot of window shopping for me :sorry: )

Any background on Brulato's 9.8?

Btw, is it a gorgeous, striking and vibrant copy? Or did it just meet the grading criteria with lack luster eye appeal schwing?

I'm new to the boards, been lurking awhile. Not what you would call a Daredevil "collector" but i did happen upon this....

394554_324947834189904_100000240697060_1295323_409009253_n.jpg

funny story actually, i had saved my allowance for a visit to my grandparents. we went to a antique store and i found this, an X-men # 6 & 49, and a Sub Mariner #3. got them all for $50. My dad was pissed that i had spent all my money on comics. Any guesses on what its grade range might be?

I'm new to the boards, been lurking awhile. Not what you would call a Daredevil "collector" but i did happen upon this....

394554_324947834189904_100000240697060_1295323_409009253_n.jpg

funny story actually, i had saved my allowance for a visit to my grandparents. we went to a antique store and i found this, an X-men # 6 & 49, and a Sub Mariner #3. got them all for $50. My dad was pissed that i had spent all my money on comics. Any guesses on what its grade range might be?

You should post front and back cover scans in the grading section to get feedback on this. From the photo it looks like mostly the spine and staple areas are the weak points. Great book to just "happen" upon!

Here's a question for DD fans...I was reorganizing my collection and I flipped through a DD #11...It almost looks like his suit was still yellow and instead of drawing him in the red suit they just inked over the old yellow suit in red.

Now I know they changed to the red suit in DD #7. But is it possible they still had art work in the yellow suit and just inked over it in red to save money?

Or do I just have a copy where the red ink was a production flaw. I will have to post pics later

And the lady i got it from had a box full of others too. I was only about 13 at the time, so I didn't have the means to return and buy her out. I tried to pick the best of the bunch, but no telling what i left behind.

Cool story! WTTB! :headbang:

How 'bout some love for the DD Man! Will always have a soft spot in my heart as the set of 1-15 I purchased off ebay in 2001 got me back into the hobby... :headbang:

Been charting toughest in CGC HG as of late...like Avengers, the list gets rather muddled when you carry it out to 9.0...so I'm providing two lists...9.4 -9.8 and 9.0 to 9.8...

DD_1-50_98-94.jpg

9.0 to 9.8...

DD_1-50.jpg

It's kind of a shocker that DD #31 is so high on the list. I guess I think about it as a yellow cover, but along the spine and edges, it's mostly darker colors. Maybe that explains it?

My own experience mirrors the list. After #12, it was one of the last DDs I found in 9.6.

DD31.jpg

lol So you changed your mind and took the plunge? Congrats! (thumbs u

Are you going to go back for 10-80?

I don't think so. Went back and looked at them again and again but decided against them. The black widow stuff looks pretty fun though. And the first Romita Spidey's I just could not pass up. especially given the story behind those 2 issues.

It's kind of a shocker that DD #31 is so high on the list. I guess I think about it as a yellow cover, but along the spine and edges, it's mostly darker colors. Maybe that explains it?

My own experience mirrors the list. After #12, it was one of the last DDs I found in 9.6.

DD31.jpg

White paged to boot!! (worship)