• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America Collecting Thread !

230 posts in this topic

I know of one other Diamond Run Cap 100 besides Arex's and the one on the Metro site. I used to own the Metro one, by the way, and sold it via Heritage about 3 years ago. I remember being disappointed at the sale price, particularly since heritage took the seller's percentage, leaving me with less. I don't think that there are any more than 3 DR cap 100's, though. Very few multiples in the Diamond Run collection, per Steve Levine.

whats the going rate or an average price for a Captain america 100 cgc 9.0.

Around $300 give or take a little. I think the overall GPA average is around $290 with sales obviously on either side.

I paid more for mine, but its a Diamond Run Pedigree.

depends on what you consider "investment" to be. btw, that is a hot button topic, so be easy with it.

Is this a book that is going to go up in value? I dunno. It does seem like, even though there is a seemingly limitless amount of these books that this book brings good numbers. I guess that there is still enough demand for this book. There are a boatload of them, check out the census on 9.0, 9.2, 9.4, 9.6, and yes 9.8. Arse-loads of em.

Again, these books are out there, in high grade and readily available. Im putting a registry set of Cap together. So is MCMILES hi.gif and both of us have been able to add books almost as quickly as we want (or the checkbook allows) because they are out there.

I have noticed some softening of the 9.4 prices on the non 100, 103, 109-113 run. The others are cheap, with copies routinely going for just over $100 for slabbed 9.4. Thats dirt cheap. The 109-113 will cost you more, but they are still out there and in good numbers.

Answer your question?

depends on what you consider "investment" to be. btw, that is a hot button topic, so be easy with it. Is this a book that is going to go up in value? I dunno. It does seem like, even though there is a seemingly limitless amount of these books that this book brings good numbers. I guess that there is still enough demand for this book. There are a boatload of them, check out the census on 9.0, 9.2, 9.4, 9.6, and yes 9.8. Arse-loads of em.

Again, these books are out there, in high grade and readily available. Im putting a registry set of Cap together. So is MCMILES hi.gif and both of us have been able to add books almost as quickly as we want (or the checkbook allows) because they are out there.

I have noticed some softening of the 9.4 prices on the non 100, 103, 109-113 run. The others are cheap, with copies routinely going for just over $100 for slabbed 9.4. Thats dirt cheap. The 109-113 will cost you more, but they are still out there and in good numbers.

Answer your question?

Hey Arex hi.gif

What do you mean by this statement? I'm not sure I follow your train of thought yet.

How was the Hickory show for you? Between working that day and needing to see my Buckeyes knock off Penn State I couldn't make it up there. sorry.gif

Well i started my Cap run about 3 months ago. So far i have

#100 cgc 9.0

#103 cgc 9.2

#107 cgc 9.2

#108 cgc 9.2

#109 cgc 9.2

Would like to get the rest up to #113 in 9.2 and then upgrade the #100.

Added 101 cgc 9.2 and 110 in cgc 9.4