• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay

3,099 posts in this topic

Any chance I can sell an Infinity Gauntlet #1 for more than $3? 27_laughing.gif

I don't think the single issues sell well, but if you can put a set up for sale, you should do relatively well. I think I got $20 or so for my run of Infinity Gauntlet and even more for my set of Infinity War! 893whatthe.gif

$20 for just the 6 issues of Infinity War?? 893whatthe.gif That's something to ponder. As for Gauntlet, I only have #1 because I really loved the cover at one time. I doubt I've even opened it. Shame on me in my early speculation days.

Any chance I can sell an Infinity Gauntlet #1 for more than $3? 27_laughing.gif

I don't think the single issues sell well, but if you can put a set up for sale, you should do relatively well. I think I got $20 or so for my run of Infinity Gauntlet and even more for my set of Infinity War! 893whatthe.gif

$20 for just the 6 issues of Infinity War?? 893whatthe.gif That's something to ponder. As for Gauntlet, I only have #1 because I really loved the cover at one time. I doubt I've even opened it. Shame on me in my early speculation days.

Yeah, I was VERY pleased with the auction; I think I got almost $30 for Infinity War. I think I have another copy of Infinity Gauntlet #1 as well; not sure what to do with that one. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thanos Quest is the one to sell on eBay, though. Just crazy prices being paid. screwy.gif

So I went to the storage unit to get some unassembled DrawerBoxes for someone and I start looking around because I remember this thread and I have some time to kill this afternoon...

And I find a stash of Thanos Quest #1s.

So I start looking for Thanos Quest #2 because I dimly remember seeing that before in some random boxes, and I stumble across about 100 Pre-Unity Valiants. In another random longbox, I find a bunch of Infinity Gauntlet sets and Infinity War.

More Pre-Unities.. (Packs of X-O #2)

And then in yet another longbox... a stash of Omega Men #3's. (First Lobo.) yay.gifyay.gif

saw the retailers incentives from baltimore today. Overpriced and pretty crappy overall. The JLA one is nice but my LCS is going to do a raffel to give it away (not a free raffel mind you).

This is the same guy who hates SS, but yet has a bunch of signed turner variants on his wall that he's trying to pimp for $40 each.

Look for X-men 193 - To Rise but will have some controversy though to long time readers..

Why would this one rise and what would the controversey be on it.

New Mutants 16 is Warpath's first appearance.

X-men 193 is when he dons Thunderbird's costume.

Look for X-men 193 - To Rise but will have some controversy though to long time readers..

Its techinally the 1st appearance of Firestar. The controversy would be over whether or not Spiderman and His Amazing Friends is actually her 1st appearance years back. Its a in continuity thing and I dont have the answer for it. Its also an early Warpath appearance.

Its techinally the 1st appearance of Firestar. The controversy would be over whether or not Spiderman and His Amazing Friends is actually her 1st appearance years back. Its a in continuity thing and I dont have the answer for it. Its also an early Warpath appearance.

That's crazy. Spider-man and his Amazing Friends should be the 1st appearance.

Chronologically, X-men 193 falls between Firestar's mini-series of 1986 (between issues 2 and 3 I think)

This is sorta like the ASM 252, Marvel Team-Up 141, Secret Wars 8 argument...

That's crazy. Spider-man and his Amazing Friends should be the 1st appearance.

Chronologically, X-men 193 falls between Firestar's mini-series of 1986 (between issues 2 and 3 I think)

This is sorta like the ASM 252, Marvel Team-Up 141, Secret Wars 8 argument...

Yes I agree but even Overstreet doesnt give us the 1st appearance so its up in the air. I need to look at CGC copies see what the credit the 1st appearance as.

Here are a couple more books that should see some increase. TT 44 Never understood why this book doesnt sell for more. Black cover makes it even tougher.

I buy all I find if cheap and in NM.

Early 70s Shazam stuff. High grade stuff really selling well currently. New Title looks like a hit as well.

Here's two that you guys may or may not know about:

Wolverine 146 and 147, part of the apocalypse 12 storyline from around 2000. Cool covers too.

-Chris

I brought this question up months ago, why are they hot? And not just the 2 Wolverine books. All of the "Twelve" storyline seem to be valued. I just don't understand it. It was interesting but panned out to be nothing. Maybe low print run was one thought.

Pat

I think it has to do with low print run. I haven't read the story before, but weren't "The Twelve" a theme that was teased in the x-men titles for a few years. Maybe it was the pay off to an unresolved story that flew under the radar. Any other ideas?

Edit: Also, I don't believe the stories have been reprinted yet.

-Chris