• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CL's October Golden Age auction looks to be a good one...

361 posts in this topic

hello all...

no tec's for me in this auction, but I have a nice list of Bats (including the 47 if it reaches a certain price) that I will be strongly going after...good stuff...ain't collecting just grand...

rick

ps-while I did not buy the heritage tec 27, I did pick one up, so I will have to remove that from my "need list" as soon as I get it...

Who is Clink? (must... resist... Hogan's... Heroes... joke...)

STEVE

Got Larson?

Steve, are you familiar with Larson's? I just saw in the archive of heritage a Batman #1 CGC 6.5 with offwhite pages. There is an L on the top left side...

http://comics.heritageauctions.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=810&Lot_No=2016&src=pr#Photo

Who is Clink? (must... resist... Hogan's... Heroes... joke...)

STEVE

Got Larson?

Steve, are you familiar with Larson's? I just saw in the archive of heritage a Batman #1 CGC 6.5 with offwhite pages. There is an L on the top left side...

http://comics.heritageauctions.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=810&Lot_No=2016&src=pr#Photo

Yes I am, though Jon Berk is the definitive authority on the collection.

For some reason, quite a few books have various types of "L" -script on the cover, but they are not Larsons. This has caused confusion with collectors in the past.

That 6.5 Batman #1 is indeed a nice book, but it's not the Larson (which is a 8.0 or 9.0, I can't recall exactly). I do remember when Joe Tricarchi sold it (to put his daughter through college), but who holds it now I don't know.

STEVE

Got Larson?

OK, way too much attention on my #33. poke2.gif

You're selling?

I'll be sure to bid it up for you. devil.gif

OK, way too much attention on my #33. poke2.gif

You're selling?

I'll be sure to bid it up for you. devil.gif

NO!! 893whatthe.giftonofbricks.gif

Actually, go for it. I can't afford any more $1000+ books for a while. With Christmas coming around the corner, probably can't afford one until next year.

What a nice looking Action #10. Any guesses at a fair market value for this moderately restored book? I figure IF it was unrestored it would sell for maybe 3 times guide or so.

Some other cool early Actions in this Comiclink auction that don't come up for sale very often.

Just got Bill Hughes' Vintage Collectibles.net catalog in the mail today in Canada. They were distributing this in San Diego July/06 too. It lists Marvel Mystery #2 cgc 9.0 ow-wht top census Chicago pedigree for an astounding $75k.

cLink GA auction seems to have his Mile High copies of Superman prototype Dr Occult consigned: More Fun 14 cgc 6.5 ow-wht top census asking $19,500 & More Fun 16 cgc 8.5 wht top census asking $15,900. sumo.gif