• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CL's October Golden Age auction looks to be a good one...

361 posts in this topic

How do reserves work on CL focused auctions? Do we ever find out which items have reserves? Do we ever find out when reserves have been met?

gossip.gif There's a little note that says "no reserve auction".

How do reserves work on CL focused auctions? Do we ever find out which items have reserves? Do we ever find out when reserves have been met?

gossip.gif There's a little note that says "no reserve auction".

foreheadslap.gif So the books without the little note will say "reserve met" when the reserve has been met?

The Superman 53 and 76 are very nice. There probably won't be many bargains when the dust settles. As successful as CLINK is with these, it makes me wonder what the big draw is for Heritage's Signature Auctions. Last time I checked 10% was less than 19.5% laugh.gif

That Supes #76 (9.2 now) was a 9.0 last month... not sure if any work was done on it or if it was a straight resub. I recognize it from past sales/auctions.

Where did you see it? Doesn't appear to have been Heritage.

Have there been any reported cases of shill bidding on CLink auctions? Just wondering because at this rate the books I am going after will be beyond FMV.

There was a time when I would say that and question why the bidders need to be so agressive in the first few days of the auction? The pattern makes no sense, especially when observing how many buyers hold their cards on E-Bay until the last few seconds (see CL's bidding style on E-Bay). The bids are more aggressive then I've ever seen on Heritage auctions. Does the pattern make sense? It freightens me. Then again I freighten easily. Anyway, If the price doesn't male sense at the end I won't be seen with a bid. There was a time I questioned the ethics in the hobby. After reading the boards I no longer have any questions.

This site represents a decent cross section of particiapnts. Did anyone consign books to CL or are the books mainly CL's stock?

Batman #47 is already at $6700.... obliterating what I was planning to bid. frown.gif

That' two of us... sorry.gif

three of us now.. I was surprised to see it rise up at $6700 with about 5 days left... THe price is ridiculous.. I had a chance at a G/VG of it, but i was outbidded at the last second Christo_pull_hair.gif

Have there been any reported cases of shill bidding on CLink auctions? Just wondering because at this rate the books I am going after will be beyond FMV.

There was a time when I would say that and question why the bidders need to be so agressive in the first few days of the auction? The pattern makes no sense, especially when observing how many buyers hold their cards on E-Bay until the last few seconds (see CL's bidding style on E-Bay). The bids are more aggressive then I've ever seen on Heritage auctions. Does the pattern make sense? It freightens me. Then again I freighten easily. Anyway, If the price doesn't male sense at the end I won't be seen with a bid. There was a time I questioned the ethics in the hobby. After reading the boards I no longer have any questions.

This site represents a decent cross section of particiapnts. Did anyone consign books to CL or are the books mainly CL's stock?

I placed a few bids already..but merely as placeholders. I think the prices are high already too. But I dont see any malice at work. As for shill bidding? I guess its as possible on CL as on Heritage and Ebay. For what ever reason, I think buyers tend to go a little crazy on CL auctions. I know I have paid more than I would have if I had waited for another copy elsewhere to show up elsewhere. CL just gets good stuff and good prices. Biggest worry to me is whether the books have been juiced or not. Th eprices I pay are under MY control.

Just wondering because at this rate the books I am going after will be beyond FMV.

Depends on which ones you're looking at... a Wings 93 CGC 9.6 sold on Heritage early last year for $1,495 so you're definitely going to have to pony up to dough for that one.

You're right, it is the same book. Don't know how I missed that "M" in upper left corner. foreheadslap.gif As of Heritage auction last year, it was tied for highest with 2 other 9.0s. Now there are 6 9.0s, and this 9.2. Good detective work.