• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What 3 titles do you mainly collect?

87 posts in this topic

1. Mad 1-23 (complete, now actively upgrading. IF ANYONE HAS HIGH GRADE BOOKS FOR SALE PM ME smile.gif)

2. Cerebus 1-25 (only when a really good deal comes up, really, so not extremely serious about it)

3. Nothing else right now, although I think I am going to start an Iron Man 1-25 collection before too long here, or at least the early craig covers which I really like.

Incredible Hulk Need 3, 4 , 5 to complete the full run. 30 slabbed the rest raw ultra high grade.

Worlds Unknown need #3 9.4 slabbed for graded NM run

Captain Marvel many holes but still looking.

I guess the 3 titles that I have spent most of my collecting energy over the years on would be

Green Lantern

(now 1-89 complete)

JLA

(now 17-200 complete)

Detective Comics

handful of Golden Age issues, mainly Jerry Robinson art issues

the Infantino Silver Age issues

the Adams cover/art period 395-430

the Goodwin period 437-443

the Englehart/Rogers period 468-479

& some others here and there

Uncanny X-Men (filling in holes below 140 and after 400)

X-Men (filling in holes post Morrison)

Transformers (need 2 Marvel issues, some Dreamwave variants, and am scouting for cheap IDW variants)

I'm also really getting into Vertigo comics and am looking for various series.

-Bob!

1) Avengers 1 - 250 in 9.4

2) Marvel Two-In-One 1 - 50 in 9.4 or better

3) Conan 1 - 100 in 9.4 or better

About halfway there for all three titles.....(halfway by number of issues, still aways to go in terms of $)

Phantom Stranger (1969 series) 1-41

Spider-Man 41-150 or so. May eventually try for 1-150.

Superboy - have several small to medium runs from about 84-230. This was an unintentional collection as I purchased quite a few books from someone else and then felt obligated to complete this run.

Also started collecting DC War and Horror books this year, but have just a few small runs of each.