• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any One Interested in a MYSTERY IN SPACE Collecting Thread?

648 posts in this topic

MIS #75 is a great cover and a nice story -- l just wish Infantino has done some of the early issues of JLA...

Here is a new addition to my pre-hero MIS collection:

MIS_37.jpg

That's a nice copy. It's one of the few MIS covers I'm not crazy about (the other is 41, with the miser of space on the cover). But still a beautiful comic.

wow ! Nice copy Tim. I looked a long time also and this is the best I could do, slightly worse wrap then yours.

MIS75-CGC92WhiteMountain.jpg

I would`ve jumped all over your copy. Very nice.

Your taste has improved by leaps and bounds with just a single purchase! :applause:

So true! That has always been my favorite MIS cover.

I already own the Bethlehem copy, which is that rarity of all rarities, a Bethlehem white pager. But the miswrap on it has eaten at me like a cancer.

Sometimes it pays to be patient. I've been looking for a nice copy of this classic issue for years, and after many losses on Ebay this one shows up for less than twenty bucks. Bizarre. Other than the stress at the staples this puppy is glistening with gloss and color. I'm down to needing eight of the Infantino Adam Stranges to complete that run.

Can't wait to read it tonight!

MIS58.jpg

Sometimes it pays to be patient. I've been looking for a nice copy of this classic issue for years, and after many losses on Ebay this one shows up for less than twenty bucks. Bizarre. Other than the stress at the staples this puppy is glistening with gloss and color. I'm down to needing eight of the Infantino Adam Stranges to complete that run.

MIS58.jpg

Great Score! That is one of the best covers in the run (thumbs u

MIS58.jpg

:luhv:

MIS58.jpg

Incredible find! Congrats!

Less than 20 bucks :o What a steal.

Ken

I think my bid was over $60, and I was expecting a flurry at the end but it just never happened. Every once in a while you hit a fluke like that.

Evens out the times I've paid too much for a disappointing book. lol

I like that cover a lot as well and it doesn't show up in decent shape very often. I finally pulled the trigger on the WM copy Marnin had on his site about six months ago and am happy to have it. Just a tough, cool book.

Ken

I like that cover a lot as well and it doesn't show up in decent shape very often. I finally pulled the trigger on the WM copy Marnin had on his site about six months ago and am happy to have it. Just a tough, cool book.

Ken

I'd love to see the WM copy!

How is Marnin doing these days? Back in the 90's I was dealing so much with him that I practically had my employer automatically send a portion of my paycheck to him directly!

He is a super-stickler for HG stuff and I bought a lot from his MASS. collection.

Those are really nice books..nice runs of Rawhide Kid/Two-Gun/Kid Colt, SSWS, Doom Patrol and a few pre-heros! Too bad I wasent turned onto DC Sci-Fi at the time...

Bill

Ken

:makepoint: Tease. Post it, man!

This is the White Mountain copy. I had already posted it in this thread a while back, but here it is again. Not a NM copy, but very nice. It actually looks better in hand.

Ken

mis48.jpg

Ken

I'd love to see the WM copy!

How is Marnin doing these days? Back in the 90's I was dealing so much with him that I practically had my employer automatically send a portion of my paycheck to him directly!

He is a super-stickler for HG stuff and I bought a lot from his MASS. collection.

Those are really nice books..nice runs of Rawhide Kid/Two-Gun/Kid Colt, SSWS, Doom Patrol and a few pre-heros! Too bad I wasent turned onto DC Sci-Fi at the time...

Bill

Bill,

I haven't spoken to him in a while. I remember in the 90's when he put ads in the CBG and I started buying MASS copies of his Flash run :cloud9: . Back then I was blown away by the condition of those books. Then a few years ago when he put all the WM sci-fi books up on his site, I made sure to pick up a few must have books that are just impossible to find in high grade. I paid a high price, but don't have any regrets.

Ken