• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More Fun Comics not owned by esquire

297 posts in this topic

Oh my gosh...I think RHG and esquire are going to have a coronary when they feast their eyes on those two incredible beauties.... hail.gifhail.gif

I just did! I'm speechless.

I saw that book when Heritage auctioned it off. Absolutely stunning!

As one wise collector told me, looking into the mirror on the cover makes it seem like you are the Spectre.

Where on earth did you get such a fantastic book?

Stephen

Why do I get this feeling that he's going to answer Metropolis?

As long as you post those Peps, all will be forgiven. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

You are correct, sir:

metropolis

This is my favorite cover of my favorite series (spectre more fun)

If esquire ever falls on hard times i hope I am there to aid him by unloading his church spectre covers (not that I am wishing him ill will of course)

J

You are correct, sir:

metropolis

acclaim.gif

Steve is soooo predictable. stooges.gif

If it was printed in black and white it might well be just as nice as the earlier page.

O'Mealia cloud9.gif

You are correct, sir:

metropolis

This is my favorite cover of my favorite series (spectre more fun)

If esquire ever falls on hard times i hope I am there to aid him by unloading his church spectre covers (not that I am wishing him ill will of course)

J

You will be one of the first people I turn to sir!! gossip.gif

Maybe not quite as compelling as his page from More Fun 7 (which is one of my all-time favs), here's one page (of 4) by O'Melia' from More Fun 12...

100_1103.jpg

STEVE (make mine Larson)

The detail is just phenomenal. I always thought "non-creator" artists were paid poorly back in those days, but with so much detail O'Melia couldn't have been able to crank out a lot of pages each month, could he? Could artists make enough based on fairly limited production to put food on the table and a roof over their heads?

The detail is just phenomenal. I always thought "non-creator" artists were paid poorly back in those days, but with so much detail O'Melia couldn't have been able to crank out a lot of pages each month, could he? Could artists make enough based on fairly limited production to put food on the table and a roof over their heads?

I don't know what the truth is but he could have simply been moonlighting doing comics while on staff at a syndicate or a newspaper and still be able to survive. confused-smiley-013.gif These pages are also revelations to me.

hello all...

not sure if it has been mentioned, but the dentist has some nice early #'s on ebay (14-17 I think)

rick

Some repair here and there (including the New Adventure), but a fairly nice mid-grade batch.

I already have phasers and photon torpedoes locked on the 4 targets...

STEVE (make mine Larson)