• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Golden Age Adventure/New Adventure/New Comics
7 7

1,763 posts in this topic

My first serious GA book (purchased back when dinosaurs still walked the earth) that set me back a whopping $100... I still vividly recall handing over the C-note to the seller:

100_0953.jpg

What a great hobby this is...

STEVE Got Larson?

My first serious GA book (purchased back when dinosaurs still walked the earth) that set me back a whopping $100... I still vividly recall handing over the C-note to the seller:

100_0953.jpg

What a great hobby this is...

STEVE Got Larson?

I'll quadruple your money right now!

Here's Adventure Comics #38. The GCD credits Flessel with this one, although it looks kind of like O'Mealia to me.

Another awesome Adventure cover that I'd never seen before! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I agree that it looks like O'Mealia.

100_0953.jpg

Now why couldn't I have been that smart foreheadslap.gif

This issue has been posted here previously by someone else, but I thought I'd chime in with my newly-acquired copy (looks better in person - sorry for the poor scan). This has to be one of my all time favorites:

Adventure375.jpg

Congrats!! That's such a cool book, and that's probably one of the nicest copies out there. Good job!!

You know, between the Obidiah Oldbuck thread and my accidental visit to the Comics General forum (oh my freaking god, what a mess), I'm struck by the urge to simply post more scans.

So here's Adventure Comics #39. Like #38 above, this is another cover that GCD credits to Flessel which I believe looks more like an O'Mealia:

adventure39.jpg

This issue has been posted here previously by someone else, but I thought I'd chime in with my newly-acquired copy (looks better in person - sorry for the poor scan). This has to be one of my all time favorites:

Adventure375.jpg

Congrats!! That's such a cool book, and that's probably one of the nicest copies out there. Good job!!

Thank you! Surprisingly it's the highest-graded Unrestored copy to date. Also surprisingly, if you look at the CGC census, more Restored copies have been graded than Unrestored ones! There's got to be a better Unrestored copy out there that just hasn't been graded yet.(???)

BTW - sweet copy of #39. How much do you want for it? poke2.gif

You know, between the Obidiah Oldbuck thread and my accidental visit to the Comics General forum (oh my freaking god, what a mess),

Yep, both are total nightmares. foreheadslap.gif

I'm struck by the urge to simply post more scans.

So here's Adventure Comics #39. Like #38 above, this is another cover that GCD credits to Flessel which I believe looks more like an O'Mealia:

adventure39.jpg

That book is really a stunner in-hand. I think it looks like O'Mealia, especially when you look at the Natives' faces. The dude being burned at the stake looks more like Flessel though. confused.gif

Just purchased this book.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Wonder where you got that.

A very sharp unrestored New Adventure #26. I have heard that this is a rare book.

You and I should sit down sometime Stephen so I can educate you on things. There is just so much you need to learn!

screwy.gif27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif

BTW, it is not very rare. Indeed, it is a cheap book and I know of at least 100 copies so why don't you sell it to me. gossip.gifpoke2.gif