• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Golden Age Adventure/New Adventure/New Comics
7 7

1,763 posts in this topic

That book is really a stunner in-hand. I think it looks like O'Mealia, especially when you look at the Natives' faces. The dude being burned at the stake looks more like Flessel though. confused.gif

Agreed. Definitely not very clear cut whether it's a Flessel or O'Mealia.

Centaur Man, gorgeous book and another fantastic cover! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Just purchased this book. A very sharp unrestored New Adventure #26. I have heard that this is a rare book. adventure.jpg

Steve, the trick was to procure this BEFORE Ian finally got his copy. poke2.gif Now it seems apparent that this book is about as rare as Spawn #1. tongue.gif

It is a different copy. I believe that Dave Alexander was asking $14,000 for a VG/F.

Steve

So lessee:

1 Ian copy

1 Christine copy

1 RHG copy (MH)

1 Simon Powell copy (just sold on Heritage)

1 DTA copy

1 Metro copy

Am I missing any?

It is a different copy. I believe that Dave Alexander was asking $14,000 for a VG/F.

Steve

Dave must be sniffing some of the laughing gas he administers to his patients! He also once tried to sell me a set of "VF/NM" Marvel keys, each was replete with some of the worst marvel chipping I have ever seen. The rest of the books were stunnning...if you could get past the 1/4" wide, cover length section missing down the right edge of each cover!!

But, he did manage to buy/trade me out of my Bob Kane painting....

I know, I know... sign-offtopic.gif

But sometimes it feels good to sign-rantpost.gif

Steve

Steve,

Did you ever have a chance to see the DTA copy? It was supposedly a VF copy, but I don't know anyone who ever saw the book. confused-smiley-013.gif

So, is it for sale? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Steve

Dave must be sniffing some of the laughing gas he administers to his patients!

Dave Alexander is a dentist too?! 893whatthe.gif

Steve

So lessee:

1 Ian copy

1 Christine copy

1 RHG copy (MH)

1 DTA copy

1 Metro copy

Am I missing any?

I think Michelle Nolan has a copy too.

Sounds like we may be mixing up our Dave Alexanders and Dave Andersons!

STEVE Got Larson?

oops! You are right, I did mix them up. Now the price makes sense, his are ALWAYS too high...

(Guess it was an attack of Crown Royal again, and the fact that my glasses have yet to come in!)

Steve

So lessee:

1 Ian copy

1 Christine copy

1 RHG copy (MH)

1 DTA copy

1 Metro copy

Am I missing any?

I think Michelle Nolan has a copy too.

He probably does, his is amongst the most complete collections I know of.

Steve

Dave must be sniffing some of the laughing gas he administers to his patients! He also once tried to sell me a set of "VF/NM" Marvel keys, each was replete with some of the worst marvel chipping I have ever seen. The rest of the books were stunnning...if you could get past the 1/4" wide, cover length section missing down the right edge of each cover!!

So, just to confirm, which Dave didn't grade well, Anderson or Alexander?

Steve

Now that you mention it Win, in my experience neither one can grade. With Alexander he is consistently bad, so that is something you can work around. At least you know he is a grade off, so if the money is right, you can compensate in your head and determine if the book is still a good deal.

With Anderson, you never know what you are going to get.

But it was Dave Anderson that sent me the Silver Age keys with the major marvel chipping and still called them VF/NM and NM-.

Steve

Now that you mention it Win, in my experience neither one can grade. With Alexander he is consistently bad, so that is something you can work around. At least you know he is a grade off, so if the money is right, you can compensate in your head and determine if the book is still a good deal.

But it was Dave Anderson that sent me the Silver Age keys with the major marvel chipping and still called them VF/NM and NM-.

Just to confuse things further, you're talking about the dentist, right? Not the dealer from Oklahoma who used to crash on people's hotel room floors at conventions to avoid paying for a room.

Steve

Just to confuse things further, you're talking about the dentist, right? Not the dealer from Oklahoma who used to crash on people's hotel room floors at conventions to avoid paying for a room.

Yes you are correct Roger, the dentist.

Oklahoma Dave was/is quite a character too. I remember when he would have the play pen behind his booth in San Diego with his kids in it. Was it a sympathy ploy? You decide.

I know he wasn't hurting for cash, so he could easily have sprung for a nanny.

If someone would like to start a thread on weird but true stories about some of these guys, I could go on for days....

Baked Detective 27's, odd moral stances, parking garage deals, violence, you name it.