• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Golden Age Adventure/New Adventure/New Comics
7 7

1,763 posts in this topic

I've heard people on here say that they had written and even called him. I always wondered why no one simply asked. Along with alerting comics.org, CGC should change the cover credits on the label for that book (and maybe others???). Does this mean they'll re-do my label? Kidding - I like it how it is. thumbsup2.gif

Anytime, I have called him, I didn't want to get into a "Geek" discussion. I just wanted to get his pricing, what he does etc. I figured, if he started reminescing about old times, then I would have asked.

Is there a Sandman cover that isn't cool? Hey Steve, is that the Nova Scotia copy? Dennis

Yes it is (good eye) - I purchased it direct from Payette. He had kept it since it was a top-of-stack book and was somewhat dirty/dusty. Jim had it pro cleaned, and later sold it to me (I'm very pleased with it).

STEVE Got Larson?

Paging Mr. Steve Geppi!

I've held that book in my hands when Gary Carter had early M.H. Adventures on display (and for sale) in San Diego. As I don't own a 41 now, wish I had knuckled under and paid the price (5x Guide, IIRC) at the time... seems like a bargain nowadays.

I've heard expressed this is a "Titanic" cover:

100_1034.jpg

STEVE Got Larson? (indeed - code erasure on front cover)

You definitely need it. It looks like the cover to Adv 41 is part 2 of the story in your issue. The guy holding the knife somehow falls in the water and gets up close and personal with a shark.

1430650-Adv41_mh.jpg

1430650-Adv41_mh.jpg.b840b79aae49cad09f0daf3cecc53cad.jpg

You definitely need it.

Agreed - I can see the headline now: RHG and Geppi get into a bidding war for the 9.6 Adventure 41, and RHG wins!!

To finance the purchase, RHG engages in several business transactions with adamstrange and sacentaur, and a handful of books discreetly change ownership.

Everyone is happy, group hug all around.

Film at 11... poke2.gif

STEVE Got Larson?

Expecting my #46 back from CGC any day- blue label but only a 3.0, was hoping for a 4.5. This was the last book I needed to complete the sandman cover run- and was the hardest to find. I will post it as soon as I get it.

You definitely need it.

Agreed - I can see the headline now: RHG and Geppi get into a bidding war for the 9.6 Adventure 41, and RHG wins!!

To finance the purchase, RHG engages in several business transactions with adamstrange and sacentaur, and a handful of books discreetly change ownership.

Everyone is happy, group hug all around.

Film at 11... poke2.gif

STEVE Got Larson?

27_laughing.gif

I have the Larson Adventure #46 in my collection. I'm going to have to dig it out and get a scan of it.

Stephen

If we can get Stephen to start posting scans of his personal collection, then MAN is this forum going to take off. We'd need a separate thread for Fantastic #3, of course....