• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Golden Age Adventure/New Adventure/New Comics
7 7

1,763 posts in this topic

So am I, but if I see you at a con I'm not going to throw holy water in your face or beat you with a Bible makepoint.gif27_laughing.gif

I have an Adventure-related question: I bought the Sandman DC Archive yesterday and love it. Is Adventure reprinted anywhere else, specifically the issues before #40 (pre-Sandman)?

So am I, but if I see you at a con I'm not going to throw holy water in your face or beat you with a Bible makepoint.gif27_laughing.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

Not trying to bash Dave, because I do sort of like him. But, he would not carry EC comics because of his religious beliefs. Ok, I buy that. BUT, I hasten to add, he would sell you a book he restored and not tell you it was restored. Funny sort of ethics I always thought, but that's just me I guess.

This particular copy came from the Indian Reservation find, via Gary Carter. Anyone else familiar with these lovely books?

Do tell. popcorn.gif

How many copies from the IR have you seen?

sign-funnypost.gif

Not trying to bash Dave, because I do sort of like him. But, he would not carry EC comics because of his religious beliefs. Ok, I buy that. BUT, I hasten to add, he would sell you a book he restored and not tell you it was restored. Funny sort of ethics I always thought, but that's just me I guess.

Perfect icon for that, huh? I, on the other hand, have the entire EC annuals reprint library. I think it's more about personal taste. Just because I love a good, classic horror comic doesn't mean I serve devil.gif

This particular copy came from the Indian Reservation find, via Gary Carter. Anyone else familiar with these lovely books?

Do tell. popcorn.gif

Not that many - I only purchased a handful and have no idea how many books were in the original find.

RHG, I've always loved that cover (Adventure 91)!

STEVE Got Larson?

Do tell. popcorn.gif

Not that many - I only purchased a handful and have no idea how many books were in the original find.

RHG, I've always loved that cover (Adventure 91)!

STEVE Got Larson?

Steve;

I have only heard rumours about this collection along with a mention of it in the Gerber Photojournals.

Seems to be a very closely held collection. Any truth to the rumours that it was found by Gary Carter who still has the majority of the collection? Never realized that any of them were ever available in the marketplace. Are they limited to only DC's and what type of grade are they generally in?

So many questions and so few answers.

Hey sacentaur, that Adventure #37 on Ebay is slipping away. I think it's at $400 and there's still 3 days left 893whatthe.gif

I've had to change my snipe three times. Looks like it's going to end well out of my reach. frown.gif

I just think it's funny that a hobby as small as ours has to differentiate 2 collectors by "Oklahoma Dave" and "Virginia Dave" (as he was referred to back in the 80's).

The moniker of "The Dentist" is of recent vintage, and I believe it to be a somewhat distasteful appellation.

Back in my active dealing days, Oklahoma Dave was considered a very strange character - but harmless. Virginia Dave was always regarded with the utmost respect.

I've been looking for a New Adventure 16 for a long time. I have a beautiful example of the pinback that's featured on the cover and would love to have the book to go with it.

Not even a scan in this thread.

Anyone have one? (OK...beyond the usual suspects.)