• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Golden Age Adventure/New Adventure/New Comics
7 7

1,763 posts in this topic

Baked Detective 27's, odd moral stances, parking garage deals, violence, you name it.

Baked Detective 27's, odd moral stances, and parking garage deals I can see, sure, no problem. I think we've all seen those. But violence? That's where I've got to call BS.

Baked Detective 27's, odd moral stances, parking garage deals, violence, you name it.

Baked Detective 27's, odd moral stances, and parking garage deals I can see, sure, no problem. I think we've all seen those. But violence? That's where I've got to call BS.

sign-funnypost.gif

Oklahoma Dave was/is quite a character too. I remember when he would have the play pen behind his booth in San Diego with his kids in it. Was it a sympathy ploy? You decide.

I know he wasn't hurting for cash, so he could easily have sprung for a nanny.

I just remember getting chewed out by him for getting him a combo meal from Whataburger instead of just a hamburger (Lunch run-Dallas Fantasy Fair--mid 80s--we were set up next to him). I think I blew his meal budget for the whole convention by adding the fries and coke.

Oklahoma Dave was/is quite a character too. I remember when he would have the play pen behind his booth in San Diego with his kids in it. Was it a sympathy ploy? You decide.

I just remember getting chewed out by him for getting him a combo meal from Whataburger instead of just a hamburger (Lunch run-Dallas Fantasy Fair--mid 80s--we were set up next to him). I think I blew his meal budget for the whole convention by adding the fries and coke.

Jesus... what a miserable bastich crazy.gif

Anyone else want to lead the glamorous life of a comic dealer? foreheadslap.gif

My estimates put the #37 at 15 copies. Unfortunately, less than 1/2 of those are complete. I have been looking for the last year. So, I could be wrong.

Was there a # 37 in any of the big pedigree collections? I'm thinking not because looking at the CGC census, the top Unrestored copy is only a 5.0 and the top Restored copy is 8.5 (Nick Cage copy). It doesn't seem like many of these survived, and if they did they're in the botom half of the grading scale. That's a cover that I've always loved and I'm glad I finally got my hands on a copy! hail.gif

Anyone else want to lead the glamorous life of a comic dealer? foreheadslap.gif

It actually struck me more as sad than anything else. He actually seemed like a pretty cordial guy, overall, but here I was, making 14k a year, up to my nose in debt, but I could find enough change in the couch for a hotel room (split 3 ways) and some french fries. This guy had books like Detective 1, and he was panhandling for a floor to sleep on. He asked my (ex) wife, not me (probably while I was out getting lunch), and she ended up being the one he "witnessed" to while I went and played poker in another dealer's room. She wasn't converted, but I came back with enough to cover our share of the room.

Edited by Weird Paper

(re:Adv 51 geez, yet another sweet book Win!!)

Can we please get back to posting Adventure comics?

100_0957.jpg

This particular copy came from the Indian Reservation find, via Gary Carter. Anyone else familiar with these lovely books?

STEVE Got Larson?

(re:Adv 51 geez, yet another sweet book Win!!)

Can we please get back to posting Adventure comics?

This particular copy came from the Indian Reservation find, via Gary Carter. Anyone else familiar with these lovely books?

STEVE Got Larson?

Yes, as a matter of fact I am. Sadly many perished in a fire.