• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cherish a Chesler!
2 2

638 posts in this topic

Hi RH, great to cross you there! ;)

I’m glad of having been of help, and I guess you already asked Mr. Bedrock.

To complete the Chesler run for the DCM, we may try to post a request in the WTB section as well. Anyway, it’s you in the US, me on the other side of the ocean… :-(

Well if you see or find anything let me know.

At DCM we will be posting Dyanmic #2, and #17 Soon

Scoop Comics #2 (soon in mail)

Kayo Comics #12 (soon in mail) not sure of issue but their was only one.

Thanks will download and archive, Hopefully I can find Dynamics #9, I know where I can get a copy of Scoop 3 for 400.00 but not sure I could re-sell for same?

:whistle:

One more while I'm at it. You hardly ever see this one for sale, so I'm assuming it is very rare as well. Just not as coveted as some of the other Chesler covers. Again, I think it shows what a great artist Sultan was. I would have to go with Scoop #2 though for his best golden age cover, EVER!

Scoop%2520%25233%2520%2528150%2529.jpg

Not his best, but still great to own this Sultan cover....very Finesque in his inking...

126655.jpg.eae7334a2ff4b0712177d79965f173ee.jpg

126656.jpg.3b09fef9f69153903e864a6a97b66274.jpg

126657.jpg.f31e33952566121eea46ea85320fbdf2.jpg

@Et-Es-Go: The Chesler recreations by Ryan are great, but the Marvel Comics #1 really "works" (concerning my previous comments).

It has an atmosphere which has always reminded me of Pulp magazine covers, and while the Cheslers are great but as I said because of their style stray a little from the original mood, in the Human Torch cover the image potential is multiplied. Great job!

Just so folks know, I only own the two Chesler covers that Ryan had done for me. The pictures at that Picassa link are also his work that he did for some other folks that commissioned him. I only collected the pictures, but I agree with you that the Human Torch is wonderful, but I think the others are really striking as well.

the cover does "not have alot of detail" except for the head....

JB - as it's been said, you have an awesome collection of original art (thumbs u

One more while I'm at it. You hardly ever see this one for sale, so I'm assuming it is very rare as well. Just not as coveted as some of the other Chesler covers. Again, I think it shows what a great artist Sultan was. I would have to go with Scoop #2 though for his best golden age cover, EVER!

Scoop%2520%25233%2520%2528150%2529.jpg

Not his best, but still great to own this Sultan cover....very Finesque in his inking...

This is just a wonderful piece of art Jon!!!

Classic! :applause: