• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age marketplace links
8 8

1,588 posts in this topic

This was an excellent idea for a thread. I'll throw in a few things. I kind of like posting the scans here, but if it's not cool somebody let me know and I'll remove them. (Disclaimer: my scanner is broken so I apologize in advance. PM me for better photos, BCs, etc. if you want them)

Buck Rogers 1933 Kellogg's Premium G-

First Radio premium. Text by Nowlan, illustrated by Calkins. One interior illustration clipped, some pencil doodling on a few pages. $60

buckrogerskelloggs01gd20bx9.jpg

I love those Fantagraphics books. If anyone has any early Popeye by Segar issues they don't want any more, let me know.

As far as putting scans in the thread, part of why I thought links would be best is that you're going to get a vastly larger audience in the Marketplace, so for everyone's own sake, posting the books & descriptions there is probably wiser. That said, it's nice to see them without clicking through, so I'd say to each his own.

I love those Fantagraphics books. If anyone has any early Popeye by Segar issues they don't want any more, let me know.

The Fantagraphics reprints are great. cloud9.gif I had thought at one time I would try to put together the whole 50 volume Prince Valiant set, but some of the issues are just impossible to find, like the early ones and some of volumes in the 30's, and they sell for crazy prices when they do pop up. Maybe some day, but for now I'd rather spend that money on actual GA comics. Maybe I'll try and pick up a nice Feature Book 26 to get my PV fix. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The Fantagraphics reprints are great. cloud9.gif I had thought at one time I would try to put together the whole 50 volume Prince Valiant set, but some of the issues are just impossible to find, like the early ones and some of volumes in the 30's, and they sell for crazy prices when they do pop up. Maybe some day, but for now I'd rather spend that money on actual GA comics. Maybe I'll try and pick up a nice Feature Book 26 to get my PV fix. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Those PVs are great. I bought 1 - 39 as they came out. I accidently ordered a slipcase set of 21-30 instead of just the slipcase. foreheadslap.gif So I still have that unopened.

On the chopping block...reader copy of Detective Comics #75, 1943. Batman story features the 2nd appearance of Alfred, plus an S&K Boy Commandos vs Nazis story! Take a peek...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...e=0#Post1444399