• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age marketplace links
8 8

1,588 posts in this topic

I didn't see the book listed on Comic LInk. Perhaps it was removed? It is a great looking copy.

As I get older am I becomming more cynical? Perhaps after seeing the resubs over the years I am simply more wary? Was the CL 9.2 copy a resub of the 9.0 sold on heritage in Sept 2004? Everytime I see a high grade copy I am interested in I go directly to the Heritage Archives. I don't even wait to pass go.

http://comics.heritageauctions.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=813&Lot_No=1538&src=pr#

My wife says she believes the books are the same. My vision must be failing as I barely can make out the very minor defects on the cL copy. She points to the brownish dot between the "I" and the "N" in the black Sub-Mainer letters near the top. She also says the spine stress on the green )(under Subs arm) appears to be visible on CL's copy. I can't identify the defects on CL's scan.

Can anyone blow uo the scans? Are the books indeed the same? Are we seeing another crack out and resub?

Looks like the same book to me (based on the cover wrap and the placement of the top staple in particular), but it doesn't look like it was played with.

I don't think that a 9.0 to 9.2 jump is really that unusual or scandalous. Maybe the person who resubbed it thought that the 9.0 was a little harsh? confused-smiley-013.gif

Looks like the same book to me (based on the cover wrap and the placement of the top staple in particular), but it doesn't look like it was played with.

I don't think that a 9.0 to 9.2 jump is really that unusual or scandalous. Maybe the person who resubbed it thought that the 9.0 was a little harsh?

My post was simply offered for information that the 9.2 copy of Sub 35 was a 9.0 in a previous life (if indeed they are the same).

Disclosure is good. grin.gif

Edited by jkrk

I don't think that a 9.0 to 9.2 jump is really that unusual or scandalous. Maybe the person who resubbed it thought that the 9.0 was a little harsh? confused-smiley-013.gif

That seems to be the case. After seeing the Heritage scan of the 9.0, and being a frequent critic of the resub game, I called for grader's grades and notes on the book and got the following: pre-grader was at 9.4, and both graders were at 9.2. That's as solid as any 9.2 will ever get.

Was it Pressed? Possibly. But also it clearly is the nicest copy out there. It easily dusts the lone trailing 8.5 (which has some notable wear on the back cover bottom, as well as an unpleasant dust shadow or two) that brought close to $1,200 back in August.

That seems to be the case. After seeing the Heritage scan of the 9.0, and being a frequent critic of the resub game, I called for grader's grades and notes on the book and got the following: pre-grader was at 9.4, and both graders were at 9.2. That's as solid as any 9.2 will ever get.

Was it Pressed? Possibly. But also it clearly is the nicest copy out there. It easily dusts the lone trailing 8.5 (which has some notable wear on the back cover bottom, as well as an unpleasant dust shadow or two) that brought close to $1,200 back in August.

Haven't seen the old scans of the 9.0 but I agree it does blow away the 8.5 copy that sold at Heritage a few auctions back. You just couldn't ignore the dust shadow.

Haven't seen the old scans of the 9.0 but I agree it does blow away the 8.5 copy that sold at Heritage a few auctions back. You just couldn't ignore the dust shadow.

Did you sell it? Looks like the link doesn't work anymore.

Greetings everyone.

I've been posting in the marketplace about putting my Golden Age inventory on-line here:

http://webpages.charter.net/ckb/BooksForSale.html

I've got tabs in the bottom left for War, Humor, Charlton, ACG, Harvey and PMI/True. A large number of these books are pre-code. I'm still adding to the "humor" list, but you will find a lot of highly esoteric stuff there.

Let me know if I can help anyone out.

Based on the WTB Captain America #23 thread and resulting discussion, I'm bumping this. If all marketplace-type discussions are confined to this one thread it'll keep the board spam-free while allowing those of us who don't leave this forum to see/discuss buying/selling.

Based on the WTB Captain America #23 thread and resulting discussion, I'm bumping this. If all marketplace-type discussions are confined to this one thread it'll keep the board spam-free while allowing those of us who don't leave this forum to see/discuss buying/selling.

Thats a constructive Idea, which i fully support and probably will use myself tongue.gif