• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

I already own a Marvel 1 in 7.0 so I'd probably choose the Detective. If I didn't already own a Marvel 1, I'm really not sure which I would pick.

you owned the nicest graded tec 27 there is...wasn't it a 9.2 restored? everything is downhill from there (even the 8.5!)

rick

True. But I also owned a Marvel 1 CGC 9.0 Universal. So that argument works both ways. tongue.gif

Besides, at least from the scans I've seen, I think the 'Tec 27 8.5 looks as nice as the 9.2 anyway thumbsup2.gif

I'd take the Marvel Comics # 1. cloud9.gif

Slight restoration, a pedigree book and a grail for me. thumbsup2.gif

Where's the slap some sense into somebody graemlin. tongue.gif Detective #27 is a no-brainer. poke2.gif

Marvel Comics # 1 is a grail for me............Batman just doesn't do much for me. confused-smiley-013.gif

hi.gif

Where's the slap some sense into somebody graemlin. tongue.gif Detective #27 is a no-brainer. poke2.gif

Marvel Comics # 1 is a grail for me............Batman just doesn't do much for me. confused-smiley-013.gif

hi.gif

Blasphemy!!! sumo.gif

hi.gif

Blasphemy!!! sumo.gif

yay.gifacclaim.gifyay.gif

hi.gif

Blasphemy!!! sumo.gif

ugh Fuel, I was going to say the same thing smile.gif

rick

Seems to me, a pedigreed Slightly resto Marvel #1 beats out a Mod Resto Tec #27 but Tec #27 is a classic. I mean how many Human Torch movies have there been eh? grin.gif

What about "Backdraft"? They just had a lot of the Human Torch's scenes edited from the final cut. devil.gif

poke2.gif

I'd pick the 27. After all us boomers die out, Batman and Superman will be the only ones that matter.The rest will be forgotten.

That is my collecting strategy for the next 25 years! Outlive the boomers and scoop up their collections from their ungrateful children who just want to make a quick buck... smirk.gif

I 'd want Tec 27.

Seems to me, a pedigreed Slightly resto Marvel #1 beats out a Mod Resto Tec #27 but Tec #27 is a classic. I mean how many Human Torch movies have there been eh? grin.gif

what's worse, no subby or torch movie or having to endure "batman and robin" [da iceman has cometh...]. yikes.

what's worse, no subby or torch movie or having to endure "batman and robin" [da iceman has cometh...]. yikes.

Have to agree with Billy, some of those Batman movies probably did the character more harm than good. I just don't understand why they play up the campy styled Batman like they have over the years. The gloomy, mysterious pre-Robin Bats is the type of image these should foster not a Bat Mite, BatHound stuff. The last movie attempted to do that but overall I thought it was a bit overrated and dissapointing. Just my sign-rantpost.gif.

Here's a choice to make...

Marvel Mystery Comics #5 CGC Universal 8.0

or these six books... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Golden_Age_Books.JPG

There are two copies of Marvel #5 in 8.0. The Larson and Chicago. Both owner's value them very highly. I wish there was some way to do a reverse auction so we could see which one would get low enough for us to make a purchase. The Larson is in the lead at present!

I would take the six books.

893scratchchin-thumb.gifmm....I would take the Larson MMC5 8.0 (Gerber's copy, I believe)...there is only 1 Larson 8.0 MMC5...but there are many more chances to replace the other 6 books in approx conditions, and I believe the desired retail is approx the same...

rick