• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

The tiny bit of glue doesn't bother me that much (agree with Rick that it could be scraped off), BUT...the fading is a significant factor on this one. That is something that is just as bad as trimming as far as I'm concerned, so I would easily grab one of the nicest known Bat 1s instead.

The thing about the glue is I don't know where it is and if it holding the cover on or if it truly can be easily removed. Having said that, my wife would have me castrated if i spent a hundred grand on a comic book unless I could sell it the next day for three hundred grand. Besides, I just don't have the Huevos Rancheros to spend that kind of money without permission.. I wouldn't have the nerve with permission, that's too much money for me.

Tough call to as everyone knows i'm a big Batman fan. I've never owned a Batman #1, but I would probably stick with the Marvel #1. 3rd most coveted GA book and it's a Larson! But, it would still be a tough choice for me.. I don't really have to worry about it as I can't afford any!

BATTLE ROYALE !!!

Both of these GA Pedigree Mega-keys sold for approx $105,000 in 2006. Grader's notes on Marvel 1 - "very minor amount of glue on cover"

Which one would you choose, and why ????

Larson Marvel 1

:o

For once I disagree with George! I'll take the Bat.

my wife would have me castrated

Vince,

if you could videotape this event, and post it as an MPEG in the "General Section", I'll betcha' it will be a very popular thread! (thumbs u

Steve

Wow, how did you know about all the PM's I've been getting? You're telepathetic, aren't you.

BATTLE ROYALE !!!

Both of these GA Pedigree Mega-keys sold for approx $105,000 in 2006. Grader's notes on Marvel 1 - "very minor amount of glue on cover"

Which one would you choose, and why ????

Larson Marvel 1

:o

For once I disagree with George! I'll take the Bat.

Just got outbid on the Marvel #1 :tonofbricks:

Marvel #1. When I was a kid (and a huge Marvel fan), I thought it was the ultimate comic. :cloud9:

Now I see it's a true key issue, like Detective 27 or Action 1. Batman #1 is a notch lower on my scale, though I'd love to get a Batman #1 someday...

....in light of the recent ComicLink Bat #1 9.0 sale, let's try a "lifestyles of the rich and famous Which one would you choose, and why ???? "

The Mile High Flash #1 sold for $273,000 over 1 year ago. Let's give it some implied appreciation for the time that has elapsed, and call it the same price now as the 9.0 Bat #1 ----- $300,000.

So, with $300,000 of your own REAL $$ on the line, which one would you choose, and why ????

for me, I'd have to go with the Bat!

With that many greenbacks on the line, I could not pull the trigger on what I consider to be a 2nd tier Superhero ( Flash ). Only Spider-Man, Batman or Superman could warrant that kind of investment. Flash #1-- pedigree can't be beat, and the 9.6 will likely never be beat......but the character comes up short for me....gotta love the character with a 1/3 of a mill at stake! How about you guys....what say you? :popcorn:

48252-flash.jpg.e2c0caeccb03c9ec6762bd449b9caab3.jpg

48253-flash2.jpg.c7f88e2f6b14e1912282d624d73c3467.jpg

I guess I would have to take the Flash, only because there is such a disparity between conditioned copies...there are 3 bat 1 in 9.0 and a dozen+ more in "high grade", but there is only one MH Flash 1, and the next highest grade is a lone 8.5, then a couple of 6.5s then vg or lower...true, Flash is not at the same popularity level as Batman, but it is a more desirable book for me

gator

Flash by a longshot. An 8.5 Pedigree Bat 1 sold for 107K only 1 year ago then a 9.0 which there are 2 more copies of sells for 200K more ? Seems like nonsense to me. In what years dollars was this bought for ? 2015 ? It would be a slightly different story if this was the lone 9.0 in terms of justification of " highest graded " but obviously this isnt the case.

Considering the high amount of copies graded this high you cant be surprised if a higher graded copy (MH) is around either. With the Flash you know thats the best there can be. Anyway Id take a true 8.5 over the 9.0 if the values were within 50K let alone 200. (I wont talk about the Ped bump that the KC 8.5 has by the way)

Mile high Flash 1 for Ricks reasons and thats being said with the input that im a huge Batman collector.

nice to see you posting again Peter...haven't seen you around much?

gator

I guess I would have to take the Flash, only because there is such a disparity between conditioned copies...there are 3 bat 1 in 9.0 and a dozen+ more in "high grade", but there is only one MH Flash 1, and the next highest grade is a lone 8.5, then a couple of 6.5s then vg or lower...true, Flash is not at the same popularity level as Batman, but it is a more desirable book for me

gator

I'm with the gator on this one. (thumbs u

gator

I'm with the gator on this one. (thumbs u

Steve;

Although I certainly agree with your point on the popularity of the Batman character over the Flash, I think Rick's point about availability of similar graded copies tips the scales towards the Flash.

It also doesn't hurt the fact that the Flash has the Church provenance attached to it while the Bats possibly has the Lauterbach provenance attached to it. It should also be pointed out the Flash #1 has already been vetted out by several restoration experts over the years and has always come up clean. This cannot be said for many of the other Church DC keys which have not been able to passed this test.

In addition, I feel that the $300K price is a bit over the top at this point in time for the Bats #1. Of course, I also think the $300K might be a bit high on the Flash as my sights would be more on a Action 1 or a 'Tec 27 when you are talking about dropping $300K on a book.