• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

allentown tec 38...only one of those...there are other action 7's (though I might never see another one!)

Well, it looks like a clean sweep for the Allentown copy of 'Tec 38 so far.

A little surprsiing considering all the Robin haters on the boards here. Even more so when you consider how common the 'Tec 38 is in comparison to the Action 7.

I guess it must have something to do with the high price the Action 7 was able to get in this go round, relative to its perceived market value. hm

Plus the Allentown factor :cloud9:

allentown tec 38...only one of those...there are other action 7's (though I might never see another one!)

Well, it looks like a clean sweep for the Allentown copy of 'Tec 38 so far.

A little surprsiing considering all the Robin haters on the boards here. Even more so when you consider how common the 'Tec 38 is in comparison to the Action 7.

I guess it must have something to do with the high price the Action 7 was able to get in this go round, relative to its perceived market value. hm

Plus the Allentown factor :cloud9:

<3

Yeah, you guys know I'm all about scarcity, but 'Tec 38 is simply too significant a book to pass up, factoring in the higher grade and the pedigree. It's not a "cool" book, but I'd have more confidence in that copy retaining its value.

You know, I've always thought it was a cool book but I've had to keep that opinion low, because so many poke fun at poor Robin. But I thought it was a decent origin and the addition of Robin, brought..........ah, forget it.

Yeah, you guys know I'm all about scarcity, but 'Tec 38 is simply too significant a book to pass up, factoring in the higher grade and the pedigree. It's not a "cool" book, but I'd have more confidence in that copy retaining its value.

I I I I think it is cool :sorry:

Yeah, a nice scarce comic is great but for that kind of money it has to be a major comic. Like him or hate him, the first appearance of Robin is a big deal and more worthy of crazy money, especially with the grade and the pedigree, than the 2nd cover of Superman, cool though the cover is.

Also, with both being the best graded copies, a significant other may be able to understand a very high grade copy of the first Robin...less understanding with the highest grade of the 7th Superman appearance...at least for those who need to take into consideration such things. hm

Tec 38 in an easy decision for me.

Who owns the Church copy of Action #7? Dave Anderson? If so what is the grade? NM-,NM,NM+?

CC

Yes, Dave owns the Church Action run from issue #1 right through to somewhere in the early 20's. :cloud9:

Yep, and since it's the nicest known does it really matter if it's "-" or "+"?

tec 38 by a Mile

historical significance..1st Robin.

!st superhero side kick

Ultra high grade 9.4

is the BEST overall copy[not just cgc census]

A Pedigree !, From the Greatly admired Allentown collection.

Rare in grade.[like it or not]

jUst seeing Allentown on a slab should be considered a great achievement.

action 7

histoical significance [2nd Superman covered.] ho-hummmm

high grade 8.0 but not ultra high grade.

not the best copy[only on census]

not a pedigee

rare in even 8.0

no comparison

re/....that tec 38 sold years ago for [[126K]]..It would have fetched more than the recent Action 7 sold for if sold today..no comparison

and remember, I love SUPERMAN 1ST. Its an objective post.

I have a real life comparison. I was very seriously considering making a go for the Allentown Tec 38 a few years back.I choose not to because I was offered and purchased a Cgc 6.0 Unrestored Superman # 1 IN 6.0 that I choose over the Allentown TEC 38.Im not saying I would have WON the Allentown Tec 38 but I darn well may have if I tried....Would you have picked the Supey too??? Do you think I made the better choice?

I have a real life comparison. I was very seriously considering making a go for the Allentown Tec 38 a few years back.I choose not to because I was offered and purchased a Cgc 6.0 Unrestored Superman # 1 IN 6.0 that I choose over the Allentown TEC 38.Im not saying I would have WON the Allentown Tec 38 but I darn well may have if I tried....Would you have picked the Supey too??? Do you think I made the better choice?

I think you made the right choice. From a collector and investment standpoint (thumbs u

First its the old bird in the hand theory. If you were offered the Supe 1 for a flat price, then its easier to take that then try and win an auction for who knows how much.

Second......your a Superman fan!!

Third an unrestored 6.0 Superman #1 might damn well be one of the10 highest graded copies. Its not a 9.4 Allentown, but I think everyone can agree that an unrestored Superman #1 in 6.0 would be tough as nails to find.

tec 38 by a Mile

historical significance..1st Robin.

!st superhero side kick

Ultra high grade 9.4

is the BEST overall copy[not just cgc census]

A Pedigree !, From the Greatly admired Allentown collection.

Rare in grade.[like it or not]

jUst seeing Allentown on a slab should be considered a great achievement.

action 7

histoical significance [2nd Superman covered.] ho-hummmm

high grade 8.0 but not ultra high grade.

not the best copy[only on census]

not a pedigee

rare in even 8.0

no comparison

re/....that tec 38 sold years ago for [[126K]]..It would have fetched more than the recent Action 7 sold for if sold today..no comparison

and remember, I love SUPERMAN 1ST. Its an objective post.

I couldn't agree more with all of the above!