• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

Marvel Comics #1 over the Batman #1.

MC1 is much rarer in any grade and I could find a 6.0 copy of Batman #1 that would make me happy in the future.

this is a common misconception that I have noticed, largely, I guess, do to the overall #'s of available batman 1 vs marvel1...but, in looking at the census, there are 10 copies of Marvel 1,in cgc 6.0 and above...there are only 15 copies of batman 1 in cgc 6.0 and above...so, I would say that yes, Marvel comics is "rarer", but not by as much as some folks think, if we are being grade conscious...

Good point. When I looked at the census I was suprised by the total Batmans (110) vs. Marvel Comics (39). I would have expected more graded Batmans since they are always popping up and less Marvel Comics since they seem much less frequent.

MC1 is much rarer in any grade and I could find a 6.0 copy of Batman #1 that would make me happy in the future.

this is a common misconception that I have noticed, largely, I guess, do to the overall #'s of available batman 1 vs marvel1...but, in looking at the census, there are 10 copies of Marvel 1,in cgc 6.0 and above...there are only 15 copies of batman 1 in cgc 6.0 and above...so, I would say that yes, Marvel comics is "rarer", but not by as much as some folks think, if we are being grade conscious...

Good point. When I looked at the census I was suprised by the total Batmans (110) vs. Marvel Comics (39). I would have expected more graded Batmans since they are always popping up and less Marvel Comics since they seem much less frequent.

Many of the same copies change hands. Mine has been tucked away in my collection, and came from an original owner. It won't be sold until my daughter sells of the estate.......

Many of the same copies change hands. Mine has been tucked away in my collection, and came from an original owner. It won't be sold until my daughter sells of the estate.......

when I got back into collecting, what, 3 years ago, I felt the same way...I wouldn't sell any book...but, as financial contraints apply pressure, in order to move forward, sometimes you have to let go of the past... in just these less than 3 short years, I have seen every book I would ever want, sell muliple times...leading me to my newer collecting philosophy of sell the old, to buy the new , and maybe revisit an old friend now and again!

when I got back into collecting, what, 3 years ago, I felt the same way...I wouldn't sell any book...but, as financial contraints apply pressure, in order to move forward, sometimes you have to let go of the past... in just these less than 3 short years, I have seen every book I would ever want, sell muliple times...leading me to my newer collecting philosophy of sell the old, to buy the new , and maybe revisit an old friend now and again!

Lord knows I've sold many a book I wish I didn't have to over the years. Hundreds. Like you, financial constraints made it necessary. I've recently sold off a ton of keys as well, but the Bat 1 will remain. Even to the last.

Edited by ciorac

Lord knows I've sold many a book I wish I didn't have to over the years. Hundreds. Like you, financial contraints made it necessary. I've recently sold off a ton of keys as well, but the Bat 1 will remain. Even to the last.

:applause:

subby, and Chicago's are soooo nice! Not that Church's are not, but I can't buy Church Timely....they are not for sale.

Paul

and ever if they were for sale, we would only get a sniff :sorry: