• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

Okay, would you choose this -- for $4400?

Adventure98.jpg

Or this -- for $4300?

Spitzergirl-1.jpg

Depending on your choice, you could be governor.

Easy one - take the girl.

While the Church Adventure won't appreciate that much in the upcoming years, she'll be worth an easy $million$ by the end of next week! :banana:

inspired by the fact that it was such a "hot topic" in another thread recently, I thought it would be enjoyable by all to have a thread dedicated to asking the age old question - "which one would you choose?".

Okay, would you choose this -- for $4400?

Adventure98.jpg

Or this -- for $4300?

Spitzergirl-1.jpg

Depending on your choice, you could be governor.

The back has a little color touch (tattoo), but the interior is very supple and off-white to creme-colored.

Can I see a scan of the back first? :whistle:

The back has a little color touch (tattoo) but the interior is very supple (off-white to creme-colored)

Edited by bluechip

OK accomplished GA collectors....this one should test your very heart and soul.....both sold for a blended average of $12,000 back in 2002/03. Which one would you choose, and why ????

Steve

I assume most will take the MMC but for me - Fantastic Comics #3 - my 2nd all-time favorite Lou Fine cover (behind National #7).

while I really want a Fantastic 3, eventually Metro will sell some copies :wishluck:

so, MMC9 for me...probably the most significant "non major" key of the GA...and, considering I believe this same copy resold for about $35K recently, quite the investment...the Central Valley 5.5 Fant 3 sold for about $17500 recently, i was told...not as good on the return

*Blasphemy alert*

I'm not such a huge fan of Fantastic 3.

*End blasphemy alert*

I prefer Science 1, 2, Weird 2 among Fox books, and others by FH/Quality.

Therefore MMC 9 for me.

Great choice for the decision! Both covers have a battle in a city that is putting train riders at risk!

I'm also not much of a Fantastic fan and am a MM fan so the MM would be an easy choice for me. Most of the Samson covers are pretty unimpressive to me and I like both the Torch and Subby fighting and that cops are on the way in both a cruiser and a motorcycle. It's got much more visual stimulation for me and seems like a better long term investment.

OK accomplished GA collectors....this one should test your very heart and soul.....both sold for a blended average of $12,000 back in 2002/03. Which one would you choose, and why ????

Steve

I'm hardly accomplished, but I'd go for the FANTASTIC #3.

Just from a money stand-point I believe the Marvel 9 would sell for more now (though the Central Valley Fantastic 3 in about the same grade, but much better paper, just sold in the $20K range). I would choose both, but have only one...I need a Fantastic 3.

Just from a money stand-point I believe the Marvel 9 would sell for more now (though the Central Valley Fantastic 3 in about the same grade, but much better paper, just sold in the $20K range). I would choose both, but have only one...I need a Fantastic 3.

actually, Mr B, if you even "bothered" to read my post, you would see that I already detailed the 2 sales of these exact books, in "todays' market ($17500 for the CV Fan 3 and reportedly $35K for the 6.5, but sold raw MMC9)... geezh, what do I have to do to get an OSPG advisor appointment :baiting:

BTW, I just heard that there was a reported sale of a raw 6.5 Marvel 9 for $35K :o