• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

I'd have to look at them in hand,but if I could afford to spend that much on a comic and was willing to, I doubt the $160K difference would mean that much to me, and would go with the nicer copy at a 33% premium.

If this were a non-key GA and the prices were $492 and $657 which way would people go?

As you know, both sold within the past 6 months. The 7.5 @ $657,250, and the 7.0 @ $492,937.........a $164,313 difference. If you could have the 7.5 at the price sold, or the 7.0 at the price sold, plus the $164,313 difference in cash, which one would you choose, and why ????

I'd take the 7.0 plus cash, then I'd wait a couple months and sell the 7.0 for $600k. I'd use that to buy a 3.0 Det #27, a 3.0 Action #1, a 9.4 Phantom Lady #17, and any copy of Suspense #3 over 5.0.

The 7.0 copy has spine stress at the blue hat, that catches my eye every time and is a huge distraction for me.

For a book at that level, the 33% premium seems well justified as I think there is much more than a .5 point difference between the two books.

The large cash remaining couldn't convince me to be happy with the 7.0.

I'd take the 7.5

If money is no object I'd take the best I could get my hands on, so in this case the CGC 7.5

If I was in a tight spot, I'd take a 7.0 and the cash.