• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,792 posts in this topic

There is no rush on emptying your cart scrooge.  I probably wont have time to build and send them a box  for trade until after my tax season in October.

I enjoy searching  their new in stock daily.  The other day I added two books to my basket  and by the next morning they had both been sold.  Guess those (1102A and 1164 )might have been harder issues to locate.

I hope to at least break 1200 issues by the end of the year

weekend project seems to often revolve around working on collection and organization

Enjoyed reading and seeing pics from SDCC,  but for many reasons I enjoyed  the torpedo con much more.

here is the slabbed book I got from Harley

FC 140 Mother Goose CGC 9.0.jpg

FC 140 CGC 9.0 BC.jpg

FC 140 CGC 9.0.jpg

On 7/9/2018 at 12:03 PM, Sqeggs said:

Just got these.  Really like the Daniel Boone painted cover. 

fou1.3782a.jpg

Dell and Gold Key really rocked it with the painted covers over the years. The Turoks were a cover phenomenon unto themselves. My younger brother collected them and I read them but I used to drool over those early Dell issues which we used to pick up at garage sales for a nickel or ten cents. Them was the days! He sold them to my chagrin as I would love to have them now.

Just now, BuscemasAvengers said:

What? No love for an early Clint?

I can dimly remember watching that show as a kid (maybe in reruns?).  I remember it as being fun, but the few times I've watched 1950s/1960s Westerns in recent years, they really haven't held up.  I watched an episode of Bonanza (probably the highest rated TV Western ever) a few years ago and I was struck by just how obvious it was that a lot of it was shot on a sound stage.  

Maybe I should track down an episode of Rawhide and watch it. 

33 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I can dimly remember watching that show as a kid (maybe in reruns?).  I remember it as being fun, but the few times I've watched 1950s/1960s Westerns in recent years, they really haven't held up.  I watched an episode of Bonanza (probably the highest rated TV Western ever) a few years ago and I was struck by just how obvious it was that a lot of it was shot on a sound stage.  

Maybe I should track down an episode of Rawhide and watch it. 

Big screen hi-def televisions really changed everything for these old shows. They were originally broadcast on much smaller and lower resolution screens which were much more forgiving. Plus the imagination was able to fill in a lot back then!!  Good for the studios who can do reboots and remakes though! Hard to imagine that in another twenty years we'll look at the Potter and LOTR movies and think they look dated but I'm sure we will.