• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,792 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Last of the newly-slabbed Zorros. 

Awesome set. I very much like that last one's cover with the tree and the close-up on Guy Williams. Have been catching some episodes on YouTube recently. Always fun!

2 minutes ago, Scrooge said:

Awesome set. I very much like that last one's cover with the tree and the close-up on Guy Williams. Have been catching some episodes on YouTube recently. Always fun!

I haven't, but I should.  I did watch them in reruns as a kid and very much enjoyed them.  Didn't they run sometimes in the '60s as episodes of the Sunday Disney TV show? I'm pretty sure that I dressed as Zorro at least once for Halloween. 

Also liked the Tyrone Power movie, although I haven't seen that one either in a long time.

Actually, there was one more.  Only miss on the raw grading.  Purchased on the boards as a 9.2.  Hammered for the light wear in the lower left corner.  Looks worse than it is because of the black background. 

2018-06-06-0001_zpsig4dvqq4-2.JPG

Purchased raw on Heritage as an 8.0.  I think this one used to be considered quite scarce, but there are now seven copies on the census graded 9.0 or higher.  Was this the only Jack Davis FC cover?  I can't think of another one.

2018-06-06-0001_zpsvbndmhzm.JPG

19 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Purchased raw on Heritage as an 8.0.  I think this one used to be considered quite scarce, but there are now seven copies on the census graded 9.0 or higher.  Was this the only Jack Davis FC cover?  I can't think of another one.

2018-06-06-0001_zpsvbndmhzm.JPG

A point of interest her. If anybody is not aware, Heritage has gone to a wildly conservative grading mode. Almost anything you buy raw there these days is either better as is or can be pressed much better. I bought a bunch of Archie's raw on Heritage over the past year and most ended up grading 1.0 to 2.0 higher than bought. I have  Mr Magoo in the pipeline that may turn out better than 7.0, but it is a VERY rare and difficult book to find in ANY grade. I bid on the same book but prices got way out of hand for my tastes! I happened to find the best Wood Woodpecker (FC 202) last week. I think it might be pressed to 8.0 or better. The 202, the 1306 and the Lil Bad Wolf (FC 564) amongst the very , very hardest to find in anything above VG.

il Bad Wolf

1 minute ago, 4GEMWORKS said:

A point of interest her. If anybody is not aware, Heritage has gone to a wildly conservative grading mode. Almost anything you buy raw there these days is either better as is or can be pressed much better. I bought a bunch of Archie's raw on Heritage over the past year and most ended up grading 1.0 to 2.0 higher than bought. I have  Mr Magoo in the pipeline that may turn out better than 7.0, but it is a VERY rare and difficult book to find in ANY grade. I bid on the same book but prices got way out of hand for my tastes! I happened to find the best Wood Woodpecker (FC 202) last week. I think it might be pressed to 8.0 or better. The 202, the 1306 and the Lil Bad Wolf (FC 564) amongst the very , very hardest to find in anything above VG.

il Bad Wolf

My impression as well wrt Heritage's grading.  Maybe they were getting too many returns and decided to undergrade in response?

6 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Picked up a couple more last night on CLink. I have to say the Santa looks a little creepy to me. hm

00385020870000110342916007.jpg

00528361575000111060686007.jpg

Nice :applause:

Thought you'd grab the #33, second solo Bugs Bunny ( but his first Four Color issue). Great funny animal Bondage cover. Killer copy they had.  I already have  copy but was very tempted to own two (:

1 minute ago, sagii said:

Nice :applause:

Thought you'd grab the #33, second solo Bugs Bunny ( but his first Four Color issue). Great funny animal Bondage cover. Killer copy they had.  I already have  copy but was very tempted to own two (:

I need a copy, but those BB FCs seem to have been going high lately.  I'm hoping they may calm down in a bit and I'll be able to snag them cheaper.  I think these two (and a PGX Little Lulu FC 165) went below guide, while the 33 went over.  Given I have so many FCs still to get, I'm trying to be patient (not that that ever lasts!).

As always, with the FC 165, I'm rolling the dice buying a book slabbed by those guys.  But the slab date was 2007, so I'm hopping there were no shenanigans involved.  I'll post it when I get it back from CGC in, oh, six months or so. 

23 hours ago, w00dp3ck3r said:

I didn't read thru all of the posts, so I hope this issue of Four Color can help complete the list...... I present issue #400 - Tom Corbett, Space Cadet!

20180223_113822-1.jpg

Cool! Do not remember seeing this one!