• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,792 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, jmg3637 said:

here are a few more additions to the collection from this year

fc 169 bc.jpg

Twenty bucks for an eye exam and glasses?  Those were the days!

Not sure how cheap  that $20  was back in 1947.

Inflation in the 71 succeeding years  would a factor  of about 11.5  so $230 now

Very nice  Church Four Color.  Hope to be able to pick up at least a couple of the Verzyl copies  when they come to market

I tried my best to search this thread to make sure not already posted, but search feature is a bit lacking.

This may well be posted here 3x already but what the heck.  I never noticed this copy before and "it spoke to me" so here is my  Four Color #324. "I met a handsome cowboy" was entertainment pre-TV's The Bachelorette days.

I bundled the ship with pretty nice first Duck Album Four Color #353

752018007.jpg

752018008.jpg

Edited by path4play

2 hours ago, path4play said:

I tried my best to search this thread to make sure not already posted, but search feature is a bit lacking.

This may well be posted here 3x already but what the heck.  I never noticed this copy before and "it spoke to me" so here is my  Four Color #324. "I met a handsome cowboy" was entertainment pre-TV's The Bachelorette days.

752018008.jpg

Really nice Duck Album!  :takeit:

here are the last couple from the last deal with MYCOMICSHOP

Inspite of their overly harsh grading I will likely  go through and pull another box to send off to them.  They do seem to buy and sell more comics than any other dealer around and their website is a pleasure to work with

fc 048 PP of the Mounties .jpg

fc 048 bc.jpg

fc 043 Raggedt Ann.jpg

fc 043 bc.jpg

On 7/5/2018 at 7:57 PM, path4play said:

752018007.jpg

752018008.jpg

Two nice ones.  I think the thread has morphed into "Post Your Four Colors" rather than trying to post each issue only once. 

On 7/7/2018 at 11:00 AM, jmg3637 said:

here are the last couple from the last deal with MYCOMICSHOP

Inspite of their overly harsh grading I will likely  go through and pull another box to send off to them.  They do seem to buy and sell more comics than any other dealer around and their website is a pleasure to work with

fc 048 PP of the Mounties .jpg

fc 048 bc.jpg

fc 043 Raggedt Ann.jpg

fc 043 bc.jpg

Nice Barks Porky.  I really like the Raggedy Ann issues. 

On 7/5/2018 at 4:57 PM, path4play said:

752018007.jpg

Dell sat out the whole romance explosion, and was the only major publisher to do so.  This is their only book that might be considered to be romance from that period. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

Dell sat out the whole romance explosion, and was the only major publisher to do so.  This is their only book that might be considered to be romance from that period. 

Interesting.  From GCD:  "Adapted from the serial "Clouds Over the Chupaderos" by Elsa Barker, published in "Range Romances" in 1943."

Makes you wonder why they didn't do more.  Maybe this issue didn't sell well. It's pretty tough to find these days.  Looks like there are several higher-grade copies on the census, but I don't recall ever having seen one.

Maybe as a one-off displayed on newsstands with other Dell comics rather than with romance comics, it was overlooked.

7 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

fou1.7694a.jpg

I really like this Mo Gollub painted cover as well.  The lighting on the cowboy's face from underneath is outstanding.  I didn't realize he had such a body of work, I'm going to pay more attention to him now.

1 minute ago, Dr. Love said:

I really like this Mo Gollub painted cover as well.  The lighting on the cowboy's face from underneath is outstanding.  I didn't realize he had such a body of work, I'm going to pay more attention to him now.

You know, I think you are right that this is the better of the two pained covers I posted.  I guess I'm just a sucker for red covers. :)

On 6/6/2018 at 5:13 PM, Sqeggs said:

Purchased raw on Heritage as an 8.0.  I think this one used to be considered quite scarce, but there are now seven copies on the census graded 9.0 or higher.  Was this the only Jack Davis FC cover?  I can't think of another one.

2018-06-06-0001_zpsvbndmhzm.JPG

There are two issues of Yak Yak. This one is #1. The other one is in the 1400 number range I think. Both are Jack Davis cover to cover. Outstanding books that just don't get enough love. Sorry, I don't have my photos available for them right now.

12 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

There are two issues of Yak Yak. This one is #1. The other one is in the 1400 number range I think. Both are Jack Davis cover to cover. Outstanding books that just don't get enough love. Sorry, I don't have my photos available for them right now.

Right you are.  Just checked GCD and the other Yak Yak is FC 1348, almost at the end of the run. 

7 hours ago, jmg3637 said:

Nice books as usual Win

Here are some of my Missing Four Colors,  with thanks to 4GEM for digging into the mystery

Cains Hundred 1bc.jpg

Tracking down copies of the missing FCs is one of the best aspects of collecting this run.

Looks like the newsreader was using an iPad in 1962. (: