• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,792 posts in this topic

:hi: Monty. I see that you updated the files already. Here are a few more from today's shipment :foryou:

Starting with a few lower grade ones -

(thumbs u

1,230 down, 92 to go. Looks like your colletion is growing fast.

:hi: Monty. I see that you updated the files already. Here are a few more from today's shipment :foryou:

Starting with a few lower grade ones -

(thumbs u

1,230 down, 92 to go. Looks like your colletion is growing fast.

Thanks. It's getting tougher to fill holes in the spreadsheet! I received 28 Four Colors today and only 1 has not been shown in the thread :o

Here it is -

86749.jpg.f7a58c8b66de9588011c6822bb2a6e2a.jpg

:bump:

Here are the ones we are missing from the batch I bought at a local show. Very happy to find a cheap copy of 709 :D

85935.jpg

Scrooge, I'm curious about this one - that (great) movie had some fairly adult themes and not a whole lot of action. How well does it translate into a Four Color?

OK, not exactly a Four Color but pretty close. Yesterday, I was driving by a senior center and noticed they were having a fall festival / sale. I had a few extra minutes and ran to see what they might have for sale. No comics but they did have 20 Disneyland 45 RPM records that I picked up at a reasonable price. They have nice covers, and in the middle of the stack was this little beauty. Easily my favorite of the bunch.

87033.jpg.dbc7e65f622d3d9910d662b3793723d4.jpg

Went looking at an estate for Four Colors on Saturday, found only a few but lucked into a spinner rack. Been wanting one for a while but didn't run into one.

It's now home and stocked up with Four Colors. That thing holds almost four full short boxes of comics :o

Then, I took a composite shot of all 5 sides (thumbs u

87044.jpg.6151437e5c84d875816853271e62c345.jpg

87045.jpg.ff9dce7360356107de68ccf8ceb727b1.jpg

Went looking at an estate for Four Colors on Saturday, found only a few but lucked into a spinner rack. Been wanting one for a while but didn't run into one.

It's now home and stocked up with Four Colors. That thing holds almost four full short boxes of comics :o

87044.jpg

GEEK PARADISE!!

Congrats.

Jack

WOW! :o

Love it.

Hi All-

Having seen my fair share of variants, I was wondering about something I noticed today.

I had duplicate copies of Four Color 1196. The two copies had entirely different back covers. One was a story, not uncommon to Four Color. The othet had a toy gun advertisement of some sort.

Anybody else noticed back cover variations in these comics?

Hi All-

Having seen my fair share of variants, I was wondering about something I noticed today.

I had duplicate copies of Four Color 1196. The two copies had entirely different back covers. One was a story, not uncommon to Four Color. The othet had a toy gun advertisement of some sort.

Anybody else noticed back cover variations in these comics?

I'm sure others more knowledgeable will chime in, but there are other examples of Dells where some copies have an ad and others comics on the back cover.

Barrier's book on Carl Barks notes some. At a quick look I found:

FC 1055 and 1150 Daisy Duck's Diary

FC 1047 1095 and 1184 Gyro Gearloose

I believe there are two different back covers on almost all the 4 colors from about #750 on.

My copy has the story cover on it. I would really like a scan of the ad cover if you could provide it.

I was thinking of starting a thread like this to see if we could identify the alternate back covers on all the Dell 4 colors. Please let me know if there is any interest.

The alternate covers also appear on a number of other Dells I have found.

I believe there are two different back covers on almost all the 4 colors from about #750 on.

My copy has the story cover on it. I would really like a scan of the ad cover if you could provide it.

I was thinking of starting a thread like this to see if we could identify the alternate back covers on all the Dell 4 colors. Please let me know if there is any interest.

The alternate covers also appear on a number of other Dells I have found.

I'll try to get to it this week. I wonder if the retail oulet had somehing to do with it?