• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,792 posts in this topic

A couple more

378 Tom Corbett #1, I was introduced to this series by the Grosset and Dunlap novels, and I like the McWilliams art.

378.jpg

395 Zane Grey, my father was a big fan of westerns, and I inherited a lot of western comics from him; however he did not like Zane Grey's overuse of flowery language and the amount of time he spent describing the scenery rather than telling the story, as a result I've needed to fill in the Zane Grey holes in his collection.

395.jpg

516 Double Trouble with Goober was before a couple years before my time, and I've never developed much love for it.

516.jpg

Jack

(who doesn't even have #386 or other Barks keys)

:whistle:

83203.jpg

That's it. Kick a man when he's down.

:cry:

Jack

We gotta get you a 386 Jack!

Ya-a-a-a-a-sir!

You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find one for $10 or less

Jack

Jack

(who doesn't even have #386 or other Barks keys)

:whistle:

83203.jpg

That's it. Kick a man when he's down.

:cry:

Jack

We gotta get you a 386 Jack!

Ya-a-a-a-a-sir!

You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find one for $10 or less

Jack

:roflmao: post of the month.

I have had 3 or so, and Everyone I have got by trading crappy later books to lonestar, might not be a bad plan for you hm

I have been working very hard on organizing my collection of FOUR COLORS over the last 2 weekends. I have scanned, adjusted and uploaded well over 100 books. I have also rebagged almost all of those books in various levels of mylites with acid free boards and sorted them into the rest of the collection. I now have 677 issues and 20 duplicates.

Here are a couple of recent additions that fill holes.

fc525.jpg

fc573.jpg

A few more -

83266.jpg

I like that one! GCD says it's probably drawn by Don Gunn. (Kelly-ish)

83268.jpg

I realize that you're not a big fan of the originals, but what a travesty that Krazy Kat got butchered by later artists and writers. I don't suppose you ever saw the dismal animated version (not the only one) by Paramount's Famous Studios. Apparently King Features was more than happy to license out a defunct comic strip for a few quick bucks.

Jack

the first FOUR COLOR that I purchased was a PLOD 386 6.0 SP off ebay over 7 years ago. It was also one of the first CGC books I ever purchased, and one of the original book I put in by SD box back in 02. I should take those books out and, scan or perhaps rescan those books.

here are a few more for this thread. even with several of us having nearly 1/2 the books we still have not posted all of the books in almost 3 years. I doubt we will complete this in '09 perhaps in '10

fc285.jpg

fc320.jpg

and here are more of the recently scanned and ready hole fillers. Hope somebody else adds more, as I am running out of new material.

:applause: Thanks for posting those. As I mentioned, I have about 10+ I need to scan to fill holes, just need to find the time + I picked up 55 FCs at Chicago Con so I probably will have a couple more filling holes.

This is the result of the best $3 I've spent this year at the show :D

83674.jpg.3c48cd242ff0421a1a68c99505ff9067.jpg