• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,792 posts in this topic

nice....

I wonder where we are in the counting scheme at this point...

don't think I've seen this one yet

I sure hope that someone tells lover-boy that's not an actual girl before he gets too serious.

Jack

[We can't keep away from that Monkey Love this week]

81168.jpg

Thanks Montezuma.....I appreciate that your keeping the updates.....were the two I just posted needed, or duplicates....at least now I'll know.

Cross-posted in the the Funny Animals thread.

Here's my Father's Day gift from my wife and kids. The best part about it is how proud my oldest daughter was to give it to me (nevermind how much she liked the cover).

I'm still amazed at how inexpensive some of these early Looney Tunes and related FC's are, especially the ones with what I consider classic covers. This is one of many books I thought I'd never own back in the 1970's, largely because I couldn't dream of affording them. If you told me that uber high-grade bronze would cost more than a gem like this, I would have thought you were crazy.

81842.jpg.d40845832d745792560c616574cab9a7.jpg

Cross-posted in the the Funny Animals thread.

Here's my Father's Day gift from my wife and kids. The best part about it is how proud my oldest daughter was to give it to me (nevermind how much she liked the cover).

I'm still amazed at how inexpensive some of these early Looney Tunes and related FC's are, especially the ones with what I consider classic covers. This is one of many books I thought I'd never own back in the 1970's, largely because I couldn't dream of affording them. If you told me that uber high-grade bronze would cost more than a gem like this, I would have thought you were crazy.

Nice book and a great gift! Consider it a good stroke of fortune that prices on these have remained steady (with inflation = decreasing) and you can pick them up on the relative cheap. I have picked up a few nice Looney Tunes over the last couple of years for very low prices, beautiful books, great production values and covers although the stories don't always seem so great.

I have also been picking up some Sad Sack Harvey file copies on the cheap in the last year, also an interesting title that is under appreciated. George Baker did all the covers on those books until he passed away.

I have also picked up some early Dell DickTracy books for very little money as well as Red Ryder, also beautiful unappreciated books. Consider yourself lucky to recognize the intrinsic value of these gems!

Edited by 40YrsCollctngCmcs

Thanks for posting the updated spreadsheets Monty.

If and when I catch up on my organization I think I can fill 30 holes in the project. Unfortunately several of those came from Mile High and are in, shall we say less than collectible condition.

fc923.jpg

1,168 issues

1-500

501-1000

1001-1354

Are these files up-to-date before I start scanning?

Scrooge

How is the run coming along, Scrooge?

Slowly but surely. I pick them up when and where I can (the boards, VCC, trades (well, ... if Jack hurried up I'd have more :baiting:) and local shows (I picked up another stack of 9 this past weekend), very few off eBay surprisingly) I believe in June I pushed where I have more than 500 and should have about 550 now (shrug) I only keep a paper checklist so I am unsure of the numbers. Either way, having officially started in January, I'm happy :D

I can fill 25 holes in the list tracked by Monty ... now to scanning :P

(thumbs u

Who's gonna get there 1st, you or Jack? hm

Why do you think I'm so slow to send them to Scrooge?

:D

Jack

(who doesn't even have #386 or other Barks keys)

This discussion is pointless anyway since Montezuma has arrived a while ago already (worship) (worship)