• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the BEST current monthly series of them all. Name only one and why?

58 posts in this topic

Battle of the Planets flots my boat big time.. but there are so many good currents

The art is awesome. Alex Ross will be in San Diego Comic Convention but you are from UK, too far......

That gives me an idea.. new thread coming up...

I don't read a whole lot of comics but so far I personilly like Route 666 from Crossgen. If you love horror movies like I do, give Route 666 a try and you'll be hooked!!

Woo yeah! Route 666 is awesome! I was really starting to get hooked on those Forge books! 893frustrated.gif

And I looooove Exiles. insane.gif

(Along with Y, 100 B, Alias, FF, etc etc)

DETECTIVE COMICS has been really good most of the time. A much better story then BATMAN COMICS I think.

I would of said LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN, but I didn't like the direction the story was going in the last issue. And I really like LXG, one of my favorites.

Easy. Marvel's new Trouble. Nude/ho-cake May Parker.

or

Marville. Jemas' stellar writing puts even Bendis/Moore/Azzarello to shame insane.gif

Easy. Marvel's new Trouble. Nude/ho-cake May Parker.

or

Marville. Jemas' stellar writing puts even Bendis/Moore/Azzarello to shame insane.gif

Hey Darth, Glad to see you're keeping the WWRD faith! I can really see it making the difference in your outlook in all facets of life! tongue.gif

Cheers,

Z.

WWRD = "What Would Rozanksi Do?" stooges.gif

Ultimate Spider-Man. Seriously, I gave up reading and buying Spider-Man comics after the late 90's comic collapse and this series singlehandly brought me back along with a lot of readers after the clone holocaust. This is why issue #1 has been so highly sought after.

Ultimate Spider-Man. Seriously, I gave up reading and buying Spider-Man comics after the late 90's comic collapse and this series singlehandly brought me back along with a lot of readers after the clone holocaust. This is why issue #1 has been so highly sought after.

My only bone of contention is that the individual issues are the antithesis of new reader friendly. While the TPBs read like pulitzer material, the single issues I found frustrating.

DAM

You know, I kinda wanted to say "Ultimate Spider-Man" too, but for some reason I shied away. I guess I had it in my mind that such a manistream Marvel comic would be considered a guilty pleasure, but not necessarily high-grade reading.

Shame on me. I really think the book is great and I agree with the perspective that they read better as a collection. I bought the first two hardcovers and I've LOVED them.

Oh, and I just got my Ultimate Gobbie bust today-it's the first bust of my comics collection.

Batman. Finally reaching his limit with the Joker and the image of ex commissioner Gordon gun in hand willing to shoot the Bat rather than have him destroy evrything that he is i.e. the Bat doesn't kill.

Great Joker art.

Y The Last Man because it is totally off the beaten path as far as the rest of the monthly books I pick up. It is also, along with Batman, the book I most look forward to reading each month.

I'm in for:

Daredevil

Alias

Gotham Central

ditto

ditto

ditto

Gotham Central??...really??..I mean besides the lesbo thing...what makes it good?...can't be the artwork.

J.D.

After reading 40 years of superheroes battling villains and other heroes, saving the world etc etc etc .. what I like about it is that Batman and the villains are bit players in the storylines. I like the tales of the poor detectives and everyday policemen who have to try to do their jobs in Gotham City with all its weirdness and spandex. So far its been a good read. But, honestly, I sense a problem in sustaining the freshness. I never really liked Hill St Blues and NYPD Blue, or other cop shows....so if this tones down the superhero angles too much, it will lose much of its appeal for me.

There was a classic Spirit story called "Ten Minutes" in which the Spirit showed up for a moment and affected the story that had been 6 pages in already (out of 7) It was brilliant, and I always remembered the offhand use of the title character.... Thi series if "sort of" like that so far.