• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wonderbread treatment?

311 posts in this topic

Regarding the season finale: Maybe I'll be the first to say it but the opening to "Volume 2" with Hiro landing in ancient Japan in front of all those Samurai soldiers looked very "Army of Darkness-eske" to me!

As for the ending showdown with Sylar, since he stopped Parkmans (sp?) bullets in mid air, why couldn't he stop Hiro's charge with the sword? (much slower than speeding bullets) My guess is Sylar saw the future and relized this had to happen. Did Sylar regenerate somehow or was his body taken by the man Molly says can see her when she finds him (new villain)? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

As for Peter not flying away himself, I believe he was so unstable and frightened he would explode that he needed Nathan's help. For what it was, I liked the ending pretty much myself. thumbsup2.gif

Regarding the season finale: Maybe I'll be the first to say it but the opening to "Volume 2" with Hiro landing in ancient Japan in front of all those Samurai soldiers looked very "Army of Darkness-eske" to me!

shy.gif Me too!!!!!! headbang.gif

As for Peter not flying away himself, I believe he was so unstable and frightened he would explode that he needed Nathan's help. For what it was, I liked the ending pretty much myself.

Agreed thumbsup2.gif

Well the season finale is over now...

Any Thoughts?

Spoiler space to follow.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

SPACE

That ending was entirely unecessary.

Nathan did not have to "Save the World" with his brother.

Claire could have shot Peter, he would have died, the Nuclear power would have subsided, and he would have regenerated.

All that to have a "redemption moment" for Nathan.....ugh.

Chris

There is no way to know if a bullet would have killed peter, it might has disintegrated, not killed him, missed, caused him to blow immediately due to the shock etc. Taking him into the atmosphere seemed most logical scenario.

As for the ending showdown with Sylar, since he stopped Parkmans (sp?) bullets in mid air, why couldn't he stop Hiro's charge with the sword? (much slower than speeding bullets) My guess is Sylar saw the future and relized this had to happen. Did Sylar regenerate somehow or was his body taken by the man Molly says can see her when she finds him (new villain)? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

As for Peter not flying away himself, I believe he was so unstable and frightened he would explode that he needed Nathan's help. For what it was, I liked the ending pretty much myself. thumbsup2.gif

sylar has seen his end via the comic and his paintings and was content or is there something more sinister? He does has some form of regen as he took that big fall during the cheerleader scenario and lived. We don't see what happened to the body if anything and the fact he sent hiro flying means he was trying to stop him from helping Peter. why bother if he was a dead man?

Can't wait to see who the big villain is.

I look at this show as Hiro's show cause his character is the only one that's rich and interesting. All the other characters are so cliche. All of Hiro's parts were fantastic, especially his scene at the very end and his relationship with Ando. All the other characters, especially Niki, are pointless and uninteresting.

The only reason I watch the show is Hiro. I finally got to see the first episode (and a half) this weekend where Hiro discovers his power, teleports to NYC, and see the 9th Wonders comic book about himself. I enjoyed that.

Can someone edit the season on DVD to just have the Hiro storyline? stooges.gif

FYI: Since I tapped the episode, whem Sylar died(?), I played the scene in slo-mo where you saw a close-up of his eyes. It was a flashback of all his victims including his mother and ending with himself! gossip.gif

FYI: Since I tapped the episode, whem Sylar died(?), I played the scene in slo-mo where you saw a close-up of his eyes. It was a flashback of all his victims including his mother and ending with himself! gossip.gif

Very cool! 893applaud-thumb.gif

How could all those Heroes just a few feet away from Sylar's body not see him escaping or being dragged down through the manhole cover at the end? Nobody wanted to make sure he was dead? Oh well, we know who will be back in season two. Still one of my favorite shows though. thumbsup2.gif

How could all those Heroes just a few feet away from Sylar's body not see him escaping or being dragged down through the manhole cover at the end? Nobody wanted to make sure he was dead? Oh well, we know who will be back in season two. Still one of my favorite shows though. thumbsup2.gif

because it's a comic book. gossip.gif

i rather liked the ending.

Sylar's still alive somewhere.

Very likely Peter is as well.

Niki and JD are a happy family again now that Niki/Jessica are resolved.

They introed the new big bad for next season.

Hiro finally went back in time like i'd been expecting all season (i'm my own grampa!)

Can't wait for next season to see if Parkman will be back (Grunberg just can't win it seems) and if there will be a 'team' or if they will go back to their own devices. Would be cool to focus on Noah, Parkman, Claire, the girl and Suresh and bring in some characters from Origins.

it was quite a crazy ending.

as always, it's going to be very hard to wait for the next episode.

i'm pretty sure that with the ending, Nathan is gone, Peter survived. Parkman is done for sure. Sylar seemed good enough to keep around for some later use.

My girlfriend and I both had our disagreements with the ending and how it played out the way it did. Other posters mentioned some things that we agree with. But overall, it was a pretty satisfying ending.

Kind of like the way Civil War ended. You expected something truly ridiculous to happen and got something else which was satisfying.

Regardless, I just can't wait for more!

Hiro finally went back in time like i'd been expecting all season (i'm my own grampa!)

Now I've got that song in my head. tongue.gif

Many, many years ago when I was twenty-three

I was married to a widow who was pretty as could be

This widow had a grownup daughter who had hair of red

My father fell in love with her, and soon they too were wed

This made my Dad my son-in-law and really changed my life

For now my daughter was my mother, 'cause she was my father's wife

And to complicate the matter, even though it brought me joy,

I soon became the father of a bouncing baby boy

My little baby then became a brother-in-law to Dad

And so became my uncle, though it made me very sad

For if he were my uncle, then that also made him brother

Of the widow's grownup daughter, who was of course my stepmother

Father's wife then had a son who kept them on the run

And he became my grandchild, for he was my daughter's son

My wife is now my mother's mother, and it makes me blue

Because although she is my wife, she's my grandmother too

Now if my wife is my grandmother, then I'm her grandchild

And every time I think of it, it nearly drives me wild

'Cause now I have become the strangest case you ever saw

As husband of my grandmother, I am my own grandpa

I'm my own grandpa,

I'm my own grandpa,

It sounds funny, I know

But it really is so

I'm my own grandpa

yay.gif

I liked the season finale, but wished they had made it a 2-hour episode and dragged things out a little more. The Heroes vs. Sylar confrontation was way too short. I agree with the previous posts that last few episodes were rushed.

As far as the big bad still to be revealed, is Papa Petrelli dead? From the few references about him I have heard on the show (sorry if I missed something - I have not seen all of the episodes yet), he sounds very powerful but "weak"/tragically flawed.

I liked the season finale, but wished they had made it a 2-hour episode and dragged things out a little more.

The writers need to work out the confontations to be truly confrontations...that was my disappointment with the episode. I wanted a battle!

I liked the season finale, but wished they had made it a 2-hour episode and dragged things out a little more.

The writers need to work out the confontations to be truly confrontations...that was my disappointment with the episode. I wanted a battle!

Niki smacking Sylar with the parking meter and Hiro stabbing him were excellent!

But Peter saying "I got this!" and then with all of those powers to choose from to defeat Sylar, he decides to punch him??? yeahok.gif

No wonder Sylar started laughing!

But Peter saying "I got this!" and then with all of those powers to choose from to defeat Sylar, he decides to punch him??? yeahok.gif

I think he was using Nikki/Jessica super-strength. confused-smiley-013.gif

BO-RING

Just like the damn Matrix movies.....Neo can do anything...anything at all the mind can imagine...any power, be any size, make any wish and have it granted and he simply punches and kicks everything...

way to go.

C

It was still lame that it came down to a fist fight. I was laughing along with Sylar. "Is that all you got?"

I was glad Hiro showed up and finally got to take action.

Yeah, I was really hoping to see more of a team effort to down Sylar, rather than brief individual encounters that amounted to very little--other than Nikki's one big blow and Hiro quickly running him through. The showdown between Peter and Sylar, as has been mentioned, was rather underwhelming.

Heroes spoilers....(my wife e-mailed this to me)...probably a fanboy rant.

Nathan and Peter will both be back next season. Don't worry. (Self: Peter, yes...but Nathan!?)

Why didn't Peter fly?? Because he couldn't control his power.

When the next season starts it will be with the last 4 minutes with

Hiro in the past. He will being staying in that century for a little

bit of time but this will give us some insight into the future.

WAIT until you meet the new upcoming villain. Remember Sylan is signed

up for a regular next season. You didn't really think that Sylar would

be the only person we would have to worry about did you?

Next season starts 4 months in the future.

Oh and don't worry about Greg. He will be back next season as well. Oh

and Nikki and Jessica are finally one in case you didn't figure that

out. There will no longer be anymore Jessica sightings.

No you didn't see Grandma's power YET but you will. You will see most of the elders'

powers next season. There is a reason it is called "Generations".