• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wonderbread treatment?

311 posts in this topic

We can presume Future-Sylar wins because of the regeneration business. The problem with that?

Yeah, but Peter has the regeneration power as well--though he did seem to have a hardly noticable at all scar on his face. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Did he lose the regenerative power?

Peter's gone through quite a change from the pie in the sky idealist we saw in the early episodes.

Future-Sylar killed Claire.

Given all the twists and turns this show delivers, that might not be a fact.

The last we see is Claire's head starting to get cut and her yelling "Sylar". She might have been rescued for all we know... confused-smiley-013.gif

I agree this was a great episode too! thumbsup2.gif

We can presume Future-Sylar wins because of the regeneration business. The problem with that?

Yeah, but Peter has the regeneration power as well--though he did seem to have a hardly noticable at all scar on his face. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Did he lose the regenerative power?

Maybe it was just the best he could do regenerating back from the bits of him that were left after he exploded? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Peter's gone through quite a change from the pie in the sky idealist we saw in the early episodes.

A nasty facial scar will do that to you! crazy.gif

Future-Sylar killed Claire.

Given all the twists and turns this show delivers, that might not be a fact.

The last we see is Claire's head starting to get cut and her yelling "Sylar". She might have been rescued for all we know... confused-smiley-013.gif

I agree this was a great episode too! thumbsup2.gif

i'm pretty sure that the quick cuts they were using throughout the episode clearly indicated that the character was dead

- quick cut from Mr. Bennet just as he's about to get shot in the head

- quick cut from Clair just as she's about to get her head cut off

they can't show the actual act of the death on tv, so they have to cut it like that

If the top of Claire's head is reattached (put next to each other), there's nothing in the canon that says that she won't regenerate and reattach.

that's true.

but i think that for the intents and purposes of the show, they meant to imply that Sylar killed her and got her powers, emphasizing even further that that future needs to be changed.

there's is that loop hole with the healing because, if Sylar is able to do that to Claire, then he should have been able to kill Peter as well in the previous episode.

but i am willing to suspend my belief for a lot of things in this show

there's is that loop hole with the healing because, if Sylar is able to do that to Claire, then he should have been able to kill Peter as well in the previous episode.

He "started" doing that to Peter...Peter used his telekenesis to throw him across the room before he could kill him. Claire has no other power to stop Sylar, he held her with his telekenesis and cut the top of her head off....

Frankly it will be impossible for Sylar to ever beat Peter.

Peter has the powers of everyone he comes in contact with...including Sylar, and when he faces Sylar he has all of his own powers and Sylar's.

The end battle should have taken 2 seconds...Peter stopping time and removing Sylar's head and Sylar's body hitting the ground..

.without the head to reattach Sylar stays dead the way Peter and Claire did until the object was removed from their heads.

I know....I'm a geek sorry.gif

Chris

...Peter has the regeneration power as well--though he did seem to have a hardly noticable at all scar on his face. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Did he lose the regenerative power?

First thing that came to my mind about the scar is that he got it from Hiro's sword...? "A La" King Leonidas in 300????? If true, that means Peter & Hiro fought each other sometime within the 5 years! 893whatthe.gif

Rick

As far as the regeneration power, it seems to be established that as long as the "killing object" is imbedded in the brain then they remain dead. Upon the removal of that object they are able to regenerate.

I did not like this episode anywhere near as much as others seemed to. Perhaps it was due to the death of future Hiro who seemed to be the coolest character of the bunch. Maybe it was the path taken by Parkman and the Hatian. Maybe it was the similarity to the Marvel Civil War storyline.

I certainly hope that they figure out how to change the past/present to keep from going down that Future path.

I don't think Claire or Hiro die (permanently) for 2 basic reasons:

1) Hollywood 101- you don't kill off likable main characters. that's like slitting your own $$$ throat. The future WILL change.

2) The comic shows Hiro stabbing Sylar, and everything that Isaac has painted...has happened (except NY blowing up -unless you count the Yankees boo.gif).

Then again, the panel shows the sword going into Sylar, but does that equal death?

And I guess neither the Haitian, Parkman nor Sylar has a subscription to that comic just lying around. Otherwise, they would have seen the page showing Suresh betraying them...? confused-smiley-013.gif

Rick

This is the first network show in a long time to grab my attention so well. One thing I would like to see are some more villians in addition to Sylar. (We need a Rogues Gallery. 27_laughing.gif )

He "started" doing that to Peter...Peter used his telekenesis to throw him across the room before he could kill him. Claire has no other power to stop Sylar, he held her with his telekenesis and cut the top of her head off....

Frankly it will be impossible for Sylar to ever beat Peter.

Peter has the powers of everyone he comes in contact with...including Sylar, and when he faces Sylar he has all of his own powers and Sylar's.

The end battle should have taken 2 seconds...Peter stopping time and removing Sylar's head and Sylar's body hitting the ground..

.without the head to reattach Sylar stays dead the way Peter and Claire did until the object was removed from their heads.

I know....I'm a geek sorry.gif

Chris

Also, did Peter ever come into contact with the Hatian? Wouldn't he then be able to "shut off" the powers of others like the Haitian did?

I just got finished watching it. Great episode. It really was "Days of Future Past".

Also, as someone stated earlier, "Nathan's" plan was so Ozymandius. I loved it.

Always thought the same thing about a Sylar/Peter battle. Peter should be able to whip him all day long. But, that would take the fun away. Sylar is a great villain.

I can't beleive that this is one of the top 2 or 3 shows watch here ( at least from what I estimated from a different thread) and nobody has commented on this weeks show.

Where did Sylar get the power that he could unfreeze time?

Did Molly's parents have powers that Sylar ate? ( it does now seem more clear that that is how he powers up).

Did Sylar's Mom have powers as so many of the previous generation seem to?

Still trying to figure out Mrs Patrelli's powers/roll in all of this. Is Linderman the real father of either Nathan or Peter?

I enjoyed this episode more than last weeks. Especially enjoyed seeing 4 Heroes in same place/time.

To me it looked like Hiro, being so scared, lost control and allow himself to revert to normal time... Just an observation.

To me it looked like Hiro, being so scared, lost control and allow himself to revert to normal time... Just an observation.

That's how I saw it too! thumbsup2.gif

On another note, I'm curious what powers Nathan & Peter's Mother has? confused-smiley-013.gif