• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wonderbread treatment?

311 posts in this topic

I was asking a heroes nerd i know if the mom has done anything odd throughout the show (guy remembers everything) and there was nothing concrete except for her covering up nathan's conquests.

The fact that linderman and the mom(maybe) have powers makes you wonder that it wasn't the current heroes generation that developed the powers but the one before that. Does this mean Mr. Sulu, Hero's sister, Nathans and Peters dad (is he really dead) all had powers? Does HRG boss (eric roberts) have one? Lots and Lots of questions.

I'm getting a strong feeling they are going to fail and NY will blow up and then the second season will be trying to fix it, but who knows.

I bet Linderman is Nathan & Peter's real dad (that means he's Claire's granddad).

Man, everyone has powers... They need Scarlet Witch to say "No more powers."

Ouch...I'm ashamed I wrote that... sorry.gif

I was asking a heroes nerd i know if the mom has done anything odd throughout the show (guy remembers everything) and there was nothing concrete except for her covering up nathan's conquests.

The fact that linderman and the mom(maybe) have powers makes you wonder that it wasn't the current heroes generation that developed the powers but the one before that. Does this mean Mr. Sulu, Hero's sister, Nathans and Peters dad (is he really dead) all had powers? Does HRG boss (eric roberts) have one? Lots and Lots of questions.

I'm getting a strong feeling they are going to fail and NY will blow up and then the second season will be trying to fix it, but who knows.

I bet Linderman is Nathan & Peter's real dad (that means he's Claire's granddad).

Man, everyone has powers... They need Scarlet Witch to say "No more powers."

Ouch...I'm ashamed I wrote that... sorry.gif

you should be!

Perhaps Peter's mother is a mimic as well and that's why he hasn't picked up anything from her since he's started to manifest. Or maybe she's been stripped somehow. There must be a reason they didn't just do a yes or no scene in response to Claire's question to her...so probably trying to go for something 'unexpected'.

I don't think that HRG, Takei or Roberts have any powers. They indicated in one of the Claude flashbacks that norms were being paired with a meta assistant/bodyguard so each could keep track of the other.

I was kinda thinking that if Linderman isn't actually Pete and Nathan's father, he might have used his powers while their mother was pregnant to coax the proper gene into them. just a thought there. doesn't seem likely they'd go that route in a prime time weekly.

In the "glass" fight scene where Peter got diced by Sylar (and

basically killed momentarilly)

Suresh hit Sylar from behind and knocked him out????????

AND THEN THEY JUST LEFT!!!!!!!!!???????

The most diabolical man on the planet is there for you knock off

with ease and you just leave????

I don't get it. If that was me he would of been deader than fried chicken.

Even if he has some healing power I would of beheaded him quickly.

Am I the only one here? Was there a reason for leaving this

piece of slop alive???

I am more puzzled that I am with Lost on this one...

crazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gif

My wife and I were freaking out over this. Just one massive hole in the plot. It made no sense. He took the time to destroy the computer, remove the file, and pick up what he believed to be a dead body, but he couldn't take a second to bash his head in. Go figure.

there was an interview in Wizard Magazine about Heroes and they explicitly said that Sylar is the main villain of the first season, and that they will be doing a second season.

Try not to freak out too much. I'll have to find that Wizard again, but it basically said that Sylar's threat will be wrapped up by the end of the season.

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I met Zachary Quinto (Sylar) in Los Angeles he told me that he was negotiating his contract for the second season.

Also if you want to see the exact reason future Hiro told Peter he had to save the cheerleader read this: http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/novels/downloads/Heroes_novel_030.pdf

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I met Zachary Quinto (Sylar) in Los Angeles he told me that he was negotiating his contract for the second season.

Also if you want to see the exact reason future Hiro told Peter he had to save the cheerleader read this: http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/novels/downloads/Heroes_novel_030.pdf

Negotiating a contract, does not mean that he will be back for the next season. Anything can happen.

if the billion dollar franchise that is "Star Wars" can have plotline holes

New Trilogy or Old???...

example.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Definetly "New", though at least one in "Old". 27_laughing.gif (Don't get me wrong, I love "Star Wars". )

1. The "fickle Force feeling" - Vader can sense Luke but not Leia. (Of course, I still don't believe Lucas planned the whole "brother/sister" thing until after the success of "New Hope"/Episode 4/1977 movie. ) For the newer movies, how not one Jedi could get a bead on Senator Palpantine.

2. The "vanishing" Jedi death. Worked fine for Obi-Wan & Yoda but not in the newer movies. I'll let the "spider monkey jedi's" go with the fact that the CG technology didn't exist in the 70's. It was fun to watch them leap all over during battles.

3. Having Obi-Wan meet the droids in the newer films only to have Alec Guiness act clueless in Episode 4. (I know, I know, Lucas planned that one also... 27_laughing.gif )

4. Midi-chlorians - 'nuff said

Maybe "plotline holes" isn't the best description to use. But, in terms of the Sylar complaint, which I agree with you on, we've seen examples in other movies/tv shows. Heck, we've seen it in comics for decades. It wasn't til the 80's with a "what if" story that Batman had enough of the Joker's BS.

But, I still like Star Wars and I'm looking foward to the possible SW TV show in the future. So, let's get back on "Heroes" track.

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Negotiating a contract, does not mean that he will be back for the next season. Anything can happen.

They keep bringing back Suresh's father in flashback as well...and he's deader than a door nail....or like they brought Obi wan back as a ghost in Empire and Jedi. Sometimes death...is only the beginning..

Chris

I don't think Linderman is the Petrelli's father. Read Below.

SPOILER

In the online novel, Linderman knew a Petrelli during the Vietnam War. It is more than likely the father of Nathan and Peter.

I'm convinced that Hiro's father (Takei) is the "immortal" samurai in the tales that he used to tell Hiro. The sword is actually his father's.

I was waiting for wolverine to show up for a fastball special against the sentinels. Best episode of the series.

There's a big problem in the Heroes univers after last night's episode. I'm wondering if they'll do something with this.

**Spoilers Included For Those That Missed the Episode**

Future-Sylar killed Claire. That means Future-Sylar did indeed get the regeneration power. Now at the end of the episode Future-Sylar is fighting Future-Peter. We can presume Future-Sylar wins because of the regeneration business. The problem with that? Peter has Hiro's power as well. So if Future-Sylar wins that, then Future-Sylar can regenerate AND TIME TRAVEL.

This may well be how it is that they saved the Cheerleader and still lost in the past. Or not. It might be nothing as well. It's really hard to say, but they could definitely go that way with it.

Does this remind anyone strongly of the "Days of Future Past" storyline? I kept waiting to find Sentinels or something. Especially after they started to talk about a fake "cure" for the mutation.

Good show.

After watching this episode, my good friend turned to me and said, "Days of Future Past?"

So yeah, almost the same thing. And I'm not complaining Rock on!