• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Copper Spideys

422 posts in this topic

Ahh... between bkfire, deamentia, and joeypost, my BA and Copper Spideys will be making a significant boost. Woo hoo! All of my childhood issues will be coming back to me! :grin: I'll post the results of it all when I get home from my late summer travelling. ;)

Ahh... between bkfire, deamentia, and joeypost, my BA and Copper Spideys will be making a significant boost. Woo hoo! All of my childhood issues will be coming back to me! :grin: I'll post the results of it all when I get home from my late summer travelling. ;)

Congrats!

Thanks, the Kraven run is by far my favourite multiple issue Spidey story.

BTW - I just need 1 to 9 to finish my 1 to current ASM run. My copper books were all purchased off the new stand and thus aren't CGC worthy books (9.6 or better). :sorry:

Thanks, the Kraven run is by far my favourite multiple issue Spidey story.

BTW - I just need 1 to 9 to finish my 1 to current ASM run. My copper books were all purchased off the new stand and thus aren't CGC worthy books (9.6 or better). :sorry:

lol most of my copper run was purchased off the newstands too and I read them all from 1-500 missing about 10-20 issues maybe but the books I read as a kid I have now got some kind of need for in the absolute highest grade and this started getting even worse when I got a chunk of them then sold them a few years ago to some of the collectors that are now in the top of the copper 201-300 set type. When I started re-collecting them I took a different angle by shooting for the 1st year after all the expensive books that I will never be able to nab again if a collector grabs them up as they are 1/1 and such. Now that I have them, it's time to fill the gaps.

I commend you on your collection. That is truly something. I think when I'm done this graded set I plan on nabbing up decent copies of ASM#1-20 to snag most of the 1st apps of the villains. This will cost me dearly I'm sure but tis the price of being a comic collector I guess.

Good luck on the early issues! :wishluck:

1-20... ugh. That's my Everest in the collecting realm. I'm probably picking up a nice copy of ASM 11 somewhere between 3.0 - 4.5. It's been a while since I've looked at it (as it's currently hidden away in my buy pile next to a copy of ASM 14 in around 1.8 - 2.0). ASM 20 should be waiting for me when I get home- a beautiful looking copy that should most likely grade out around 4.0-5.0 (or better) if it wasn't for a the upper left corner box having been cut out of the cover. That's it for now.

And Piper- KLH was not only one of the best Copper Age Spidey runs, but its got to be in the top of all Spider-Man stories. If you love webslingers, then this is mandatory reading in my book.

Thanks Steve aka "worldsbestcomics" for helping out with this beauty as the ebay seller did not take Canadian bidders on this auction

Thanks to Danny aka "MK" who was ready to help me out as well but Steve beat him to the chase.

1871386-ASM2209.8.JPG

Just wanted to see what my scan looked like beside this pic.

ASM220.jpg[/img]

mmmmmmmmmm sweet 9.8 black cover

(worship)

:acclaim:

Thanks

Here's one that I got that I'm pretty sure I didn't post before. It had a small crack across lower region of case so Tiz piped it back to CGC to get re-holdered for me. A nice book to have in SS status.

ASM293.jpg[/img]

Along with this I've paid for ASM201/202 and the upgrade for my 250 to a SS copy so when I have those scanned and ready I'll post them as well.

For those who normally don't frequent the For Sales forum:

Spidey books just made available.

Don't know if I'm violating any Board rule by posting this here, but I'm sure that if I am someone will bring it to my attention. :blush:

...maybe posting the actual pics in this thread would cover my arse, guide-line wise? (shrug)

Thanx, Rick

Here's one that I got that I'm pretty sure I didn't post before. It had a small crack across lower region of case so Tiz piped it back to CGC to get re-holdered for me. A nice book to have in SS status.

ASM293.jpg[/img]

Awesome book!! :headbang:

Great books, Richard!

#201 is literally the first Spiderman comic I remember buying off the stands. It all started from there.... :cloud9:

:applause: That was a good place to start. I didn't start buying ASM at the newstand on a regular basis until the 270's.